Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 12, 2004
Victoria
www.mcadamsfloral.com
State / Prov
TX
Beside alternate colors for a change of pace on my website, I have come up with a different design altogether. I went throught the numerous websites listed on flowerchat.com "Cool Websites" to see if I could get any design tips. One of the things I noticed is that most of the websites were for "event" companies and they did not have to worry about the design selling everyday flowers/plants/gift baskets. While I am not a big flash fan, this design could rotate several show case designs on this front page. Still have some work to do on the "ghost" rose and possibly tweaking the colors a little more. Any constructive comments?

clay said:
Beside alternate colors for a change of pace on my website, I have come up with a different design altogether. I went throught the numerous websites listed on flowerchat.com "Cool Websites" to see if I could get any design tips. One of the things I noticed is that most of the websites were for "event" companies and they did not have to worry about the design selling everyday flowers/plants/gift baskets. While I am not a big flash fan, this design could rotate several show case designs on this front page. Still have some work to do on the "ghost" rose and possibly tweaking the colors a little more. Any constructive comments?

As someone who is partially colour-blind, I'd ask that there be more contrast in the McAdams Exclusive window and possibly lighten the greenish background that in the window that says 'flowers express every emotion'.

It's not something most people think of but contrast can really impact how you see a site.

Audra

I like the large pic. In PS, brighten it up just a tad and adjust the red just a lil bit higher to make it pop.

One great thing that I have found for online orders is when people see your front page, your first impression it says a lot to them about how they feel about your style. When I look at your front page, with that nice large arrangement, people might be shocked to click through your site to look for more arrangements like that image. I like this new clean design and it is not as busy. People know right when they get there, but looking at that design, they are getting a good florist.

-
Love the cartoon you have on your front page right now!!! :) Love it! If your son did that, give him a nice pat on the back!

Secretaries Cartoon Website Banner

Dazeal said:
-
Love the cartoon you have on your front page right now!!! :) Love it! If your son did that, give him a nice pat on the back!

Can not give him all of the credit, we took a 1996 SAF Secretaries' Week ad and added some color to it. I have used it off and on....seem to get more "second looks" in an small newspaper ad with the cartoon type of format. Our Home Page is pretty much as I am going to promote it right now for Secretaries' Week...radio promotion/trade and hopefully some milage out of the press release I posted earlier.

BTW, we took all of the cartoon characters and reversed them for a Bosses' Week ad and banner that will run then.

Status
Not open for further replies.