Status
Not open for further replies.

notnic

May 23, 2008
Upminster
State / Prov
Essex
- How long have you been in business?

- Do you have any formal floral education?

- How were you referred to FlowerChat?

- What do you hope to gain from membership?

- What do you feel you can contribute to the community?

- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence?

Notnic, please answer the questions.

This thread of into belongs to Notnic, so this is for that person... please answer the questions.

Thank you.

V

There has been quite a few of these intro's that aren't filled out lately. Is something not working right, or do they not know who to work it? It seems odd that anyone would just post the questions and not answer anything.

Kinda makes ya wonder if they know how to fill a vase don't it?

No kidding Jon. ;)

V

Ditto Jon & V - We've prefilled the intro form for them, all they have to do is answer. The fact that they don't speaks volumes :)

Ryan

PS - Tested - no technical issues affecting the form.

If a new potential member cannot take the time to answer some very basic questions, I am now voting "no". I may vote "yes" on their subsequent posts if they choose to answer in a second intro.

Perhaps this is the theory of natural selection in action, right here on a florist chat board. Marginal members being evolved right out of the general population.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe the questions could be a "required field" and the applicant would have to fill them out to go any further into the process.
I don't know how difficult that would be to program, but it would keep the time wasters from wast'n our time. We can do that other ways!

The field is required - however, to make things easier for applicants we have pre-filled the intro field with the questions in bullet form. All they have to do is fill in the blanks.

Ryan

And Ryan, as usual, you rock. :)

V

If a new potential member cannot take the time to answer some very basic questions, I am now voting "no". I may vote "yes" on their subsequent posts if they choose to answer in a second intro.

Perhaps this is the theory of natural selection in action, right here on a florist chat board. Marginal members being evolved right out of the general population.

Good criteria, if they're too dumb or sneaky to answer those simple questions from now on I'm just gonna say no right off the bat. Who has time to keep going back to check for answers?

I do actually have better uses of my time than playing doorman usually.

Next thing you know we'll have people claiming they're located in Mozambique.

And the first question will be, "Can you help me gather orders?"

I'm thinking you are right Jon.

V

I don't think anybody replied or asked me any questions in my intro thread. I recall only one member even voted. I'm just glad that I answered the requested questions or I would missed out on a lot.

And we would have missed having a contributing member also.

I don't think anybody replied or asked me any questions in my intro thread. I recall only one member even voted. I'm just glad that I answered the requested questions or I would missed out on a lot.

You must have been one I missed. ;) But my gut tells me you were a shoe in anyway. ;)

We love it when so many new members jump in with eyes open and ideas and opinions flowing... you are one of those people. And like Jon said... you'd be missed (I paraphrased it).

V

:) It's funny what inspires lots of posts. I wonder at the name... Not Nic.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.