#of incoming wire orders for MD

For the week of Mother's Day how many incoming wire orders did you receive?

• 0-10

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • 11-50

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • 51-100

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • 101-200

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 201-300

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 301-500

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • over 1000

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Dior you do it so eloquently !! Sometimes the obvious escapes people. It's always better to be the sender then the filler. If further explanation needs to be done you might want to step away from the W/S and breathe some fresh air.

Reactions: Dior and CHR
Not going to bite...but....

Do you really want to to publish (again) the breakdown of a $50.00 order showing that the sender makes AS MUCH than the filler gets paid?

I mean, what's 20% of $50 + 14.95 + $8 Rebate, compared to $35 received by the filler? Answer= $32.95 (sender)

And remember the filler has to take their delivery out of the $35.00...

Yup...seems fair to me.....NOT.

one small thing you're missing...the filler is not spending $50-100k yr advertising to generate those orders...

Don;t ask me to explain how they do it, but over the Mother's day holiday, I freelanced at a shop that goes after incoming orders.....They are all three WS.....and they get a huge share of orders.

I think I mentioned this in another thread.......or in a previous posting in this thread perhaps......this shop probably had well over two hundred orders EASY....... and of those.....less than 10 were non-specific wire service branded/special arrangements (designer's choice ).

Smehow or other they are a hugely profitable shop........off of incoming orders. I shoud mention that they do follow the given recipe to full published amount of flowers and foliage.

Volume, my friend, volume....

The flower business runs on volume...

all costs go down the more volume you have...your delivery costs go down, your cogs go down and if you have the right designers your labor costs go down.....

Volume, my friend, volume....

The flower business runs on volume...

all costs go down the more volume you have...your delivery costs go down, your cogs go down and if you have the right designers your labor costs go down.....
Perhaps many other factors make them more profitable than other shops too. Does the shop own their property free and clear, or do they have a hefty rent or mortgage, for starters. Do they grow their own flowers or have a connection to a wholesaler? The reasons why can go on and on...

Perhaps many other factors make them more profitable than other shops too. Does the shop own their property free and clear, or do they have a hefty rent or mortgage, for starters. Do they grow their own flowers or have a connection to a wholesaler? The reasons why can go on and on...

Very true...but volume in my experience is what makes the flower world for most go round....We are a kind of manufacturing business and the only way they profit is by maximum potential volume, make it quicker and more efficient and make more profit.....other things help but this is a proven winner..

by the 6th of may....we already had 540 ftd orders for delivery on or before mothers day.
What percentage is that of total orders filled? I mean, did you have to turn away any local customers?

What percentage is that of total orders filled? I mean, did you have to turn away any local customers?

that will be the day when i ignore a customer, phone or in person, to take a wire order...The answer is no....No we didnt turn away anyone.

Around south florida, florists are a dime a dozen and people dont walk much here...so the majority of business is done by the phone and computer.

Thanks... your number of incomings seems like a LOT to me... I did forget you're in FL... more mom's down that way I think...

Thanks... your number of incomings seems like a LOT to me... I did forget you're in FL... more mom's down that way I think...

We have have lots of moms down here...also, we are the preferred shop in many markets, through ftd... we deliver to most of south florida, so that is why the large amount of incomings...we also shut down the merc thursday morning.

We take most of the wire in orders if they meet our minimum order of $43.00, and that is the beginning for small arrangements. We received orders for mothers in the $300.00 price ranges also. We never turned down a customer that walks in the shop. Our employees are great and they stay as long as necessary to fill the orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.