Presentation bouquet storage?

Snapdragon Studio

May 28, 2009
Vancouver
www.flowersbysnapdragon.com
State / Prov
Washington
I'm doing flowers for a large fundraising banquet this weekend. I'm making two presentation bouquets for the foundation to give when they recognize their two main volunteers. My question is: how do I deal with the fact that the delivery is at 1pm and the benefit is at 5:30? The flowers will be presented around 8pm. Do I water tube everything? Wrap it in wet foam? I'm waiting to hear back from venue, I'm not sure if refrigeration is available.

Thanks in advance for you help!

i would foam it with a note that the foam/bag needs to be removed before presentation. But I use green foam and clear bags that I feel are not nice to look at.. If you can hide the foam then it won't need removed..
The flowers should be fine not in a cooler as long as they are not in the hot kitchen!

Reactions: Snapdragon Studio
There are several ways yo can do this....one is to watertube each stem with a CLEAR tube. ( Aesthetics ) - You can stand the bouquet up in a vase. Or you can use a small floracage and create an 'illusion' of a presentation bouquet. - I like the look of a clear watertube myself.

I've not had good results with Arrive Alive

Jennifer, if it were me I'd use Arrive Alive. ;)

Before I got my arrive alive, I would use wet foam and a plastic sandwich bag. I like to wrap a decorative tissue or fiber wrap around the bouquet and then cellophane around that. The unsightly foamed end is hidden, especially if you add a bow with long streamers.

what is arrive alive?

Bigger question is why is the delivery so early?

We do them all the time, deliver around 5 presentations around 8:30, never an issue if everything is hydrated well.

Only tube those thirsty flowers, most will be fine for 3 - 4 hours. Make the greenery go both ways, with bow in center, to cover tubes on those stems? Use colored tissue around bottom of presentation and cello over? We do that for the hospital's Employee of the Quarter and Year...
And yes, I've used Arrive Alive, no complaints... liked them (really liked them they were samples I gathered after a show - left behind - love free!)

Bigger question is why is the delivery so early?
It's delivery and set-up, ten 24" cylinders with willow and snowberries, ten 3-cylinder groupings, 12 low centers, and 3 large entry floral arrangements. It's a good 2 hours, and I have to be done with the room by 4:00 so the guest speakers (Charles Barkley, Bill Walton, and other NBA big wigs) can rehearse. I wouldn't want to distract them with my dazzling good looks...:cool:

ummmmmm.....if cello wrapped or not, we just send one of the cheap plastic pails with preservative and a couple inches of water in it......just put a small little slice in the bottom of the cello, IF the stems are NOT exposed......it'll drain out quick!

I buy the plastic bags my wholesaler uses for icebags, wrap the bottom of the stems in about 5 wet paper towels and then put it in the bag and twist and tuck in. I always wrap my flowers so the ends of the stems do not show either with cello and tissue or with poly wrap. I think leaving the stems exposed looks too grocery store. I haven't had any complaints about this way, quite the opposite, my customers like this look better. If it is going to be more than 6 hours I water tube the roses and anything else super wilt sensitive and then do the paper towels/bag over everything else.