Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
Having had a couple issues with people selecting products that are out of season recently... tulips... I was thinking it would be great to have the ability to turn off products by "flower type" same as we can do with occasions now.

Many designs are assigned to various categories, with many flower types selected for mixed designs. While we still need the ability to turn things off as we do now, adding the ability to turn off "tulips" or "iris" would snag the designs assigned to many categories, occasions and seasons...

Thoughts?

no tulips available here at all and noticed both FTD and 800F offering them on their home pages

Having had a couple issues with people selecting products that are out of season recently... tulips... I was thinking it would be great to have the ability to turn off products by "flower type" same as we can do with occasions now.

Many designs are assigned to various categories, with many flower types selected for mixed designs. While we still need the ability to turn things off as we do now, adding the ability to turn off "tulips" or "iris" would snag the designs assigned to many categories, occasions and seasons...

Thoughts?

An important clarification, Mark:

Right now, you can turn off the occasion - that doesn't deactivate the products. If a product is selected in the Birthday, Everyday and Anniversary occasions, turning off Birthday doesn't turn off the product. It only removes that method of accessing the product.

Flowers are different. With occasions, you may want to turn off seasonal occasions like Spring and Mother's Day. That doesn't mean the arrangements are no longer available, it means the search is not relevant. With flowers, you're talking about product that it no longer available, and in that case you'll need to disable the products on an item by item basis.

Ryan

With flowers, you're talking about product that it no longer available, and in that case you'll need to disable the products on an item by item basis.

Ryan
There's my problem, trying to find every design that includes tulips for instance no matter the occasion or season...

maybe my problem was selecting too many variables when setting up the individual products?

Status
Not open for further replies.