Proflowers best conversion on internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomz

Nov 12, 2002
Corvalis
State / Prov
OR
Noticed FTD.CON not too far behind, followed by 1-800-Flowers.

I think some of this can be attributed to the fact that the consumer is LOOKING for a product, or has something specific in mind (flowers) and is ready to buy. When they do a search, WHO has the most prominent ad position, content, brand recognized name, etc.??? (deceptive listing could go with this...) I would ALSO think that the consumer is NOT directed by the "$29.99" lure - given the avg. sale of Florist, Gift, etc. category was $43 & change. No doubt the 29.99 thing got SOME response (especially with ProFlowers) but the AVG SALE in the category was much higher. (noticed today & yesterday Glenn Beck and Hannity are pushing PF ads for 24 roses @29.99 *if* you type in the promo words...)

All this points to their (mass-merchandisers) advertising power and presence on the web...

- H.

Don't be fooled by the high average order ... it's all about the upsell.

PF has their $19 & $29 items ... and for just a couple $$ you can add this vase, or that perk, or this item. It's like buying an entry level car :)

Ryan

I wouldn't call $43 high - would you??? My avg. online order is higher than that. But, also looking at the page, "Greetings and Specialty Gifts" were lumped into the category as well...specialty gifts - as in Vermont Teddy Bear co.??? I would think the avg. would be HIGHER than the $43. Unless, PF is doing sooo much volume at $29.99 that it is dragging the average down a bit...

- H.

Avg PF order is just over $37. Avg FTD.com order is $55. Avg Martin's order is $75. Avg customer expects to pay $35 for flowers.

The super-low prices are a lure, and the add-ons are gravy for PF.

Ryan

What I've found is that the $29.95 just gets you in the door and by the time you leave you're closer to $50.
Heck lemme try it, just a min. the 29.95 order came to 38.98 and interesting they allow billmelater. anyone thought of or investigated that?

Status
Not open for further replies.