re: cut bouquets

Status
Not open for further replies.
We often use "rose blocks"

Take a brick of floral foam (already soaked), cut into 6 equal slices.
Wrap each slice in coloured foil.
Poke the stems into the block.
These can be made well in advance, mass produced during slow times, and keep flowers happy for hours on end.

Water Pak...Ryan....

Sound like you are making something similar to what I purchase for about 22 cents US each....

Water Pak....chunk of foam, sealed in plastic, in a box with a cut-out on one side...same size as a rose box, and can be stapled in one end of the box....

We either use these, or tube all "loose" flowers....

Had a complaint just yesterday, sent the driver back to pick up the flowers, that "wilted" over night... driver gets there, pulls them outa the vase, and brings em back...

They were in a vase, of water, all right....WITH the tubes still on....DUH

If I had a dollar for every time .... :(

Where do you buy these? I'd be interested in comparing costs for us.

I lied....OOOps

But anyway... research says... they cost me 58 cents...still cheaper than tubes tho...

Here ya go Ryan...I get them from my local wholesaler but....

Moore Paper Boxes
2916 Boulder Ave
Dayton, OH 45414
1-513-278-7328

Hope that helps....

mark

Cost per "Rose block" (6 per brick) $0.06
Cost per square of foil $0.07
Time per block: less than one minute
Add cost for water, flower food.

Figure ... $0.15 per rose block?

In Canadian fundage. What's that ... 10 cents US?

We get the "lowest rung on the ladder" person to do the work. :) Typically somewhere b/w $7.50 - $10 per hour. In their spare time. The blocks can be stored in the cooler under the display shelves in rubbermaid bins for a month or more.

Better price....

But do they leak ??

And how do ya hook 'em to the box ??

Very small leakage.

We don't hook them to the box. In fact, we rarely box cut flowers. The designers take a cut or hand-tied bouquet, put the stems into the block, and use a half-piece of waxed paper (white with ivy pattern) to wrap around the block and the lower stems. Any leakage stays in there.

I'm not describing well - not to do it justice. I'll try to post a picture soon to give a better idea.

Unless otherwise requested, cuts are sent in cello - not a sleeve, but wrapped, with a bit of ribbon or raffia, etc etc. Looks VERY nice. I don't have a talent for it, but it looks good when they do it :)

Celo

Most of mine go out in Celo too....does look good...

Might get them to try Raffia instead of ribbon for fall flowers....looks more like a season....

Only box roses, on request... I hate the ^%$#@*&^, box's that is

Status
Not open for further replies.