Ribbon printer

Clarabella

Sep 3, 2008
Clare
www.clarabellaflowers.com
State / Prov
Michigan
Does anyone have the ribbon printer for printing script?

I've been looking at them and wonder if they work as well as advertised? Also if they are worth the investment?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I don't have one, but I have seen them in action.... pretty slick.... script is not a big thing for us, but I know some shops that have them and they sell Happy Birthday Mom banners and such too....

Reactions: Clarabella
We have the Elite ribbon printer. We like it.

We don't have much walk in-trade, and we could do a better job promoting it over the phone when we take orders. We have an option on our website to add a ribbon banner to any order. $4.99 for banners under 30 characters, $5.99 for larger banners. They often sell on the web. It is a nice option for funerals. We sold one this week on a large tribute that was displayed at an outdoor Korean War memorial. The banner had the name of the contributing organization.

We have the elite ribbon printer and it has more than paid for itself, many times over. It gives us a professional looking banner which sets our work apart. It is not cheap, so you have to charge for the banners. But the savings in time alone was worth it. It has been easy to use, but you do need to install the software on a computer, just like any other printer. hope this helps

We have the "Fiorella" 1-800-461-4825 ribbon printer. Made us so much money. last year alone, $3250. We charge $10 - $20 depending on wording and size. 3 colors of ribbons. Some shops started calling me (had to put that one to a stop). We sell to Fh, schools, restuarants and other local business. It was a great investment.

Reactions: Clarabella and BOSS
interesting question in this segment would be how many of us promote banners? In California every funeral piece has a banner, regardless of size. It has a lot to do with their culture, I believe. We have very little request and of course they want it for free.

That is a good point. we do not really promote it, but we do charge $15 for a "Beloved Family, or Loving Husband" type of message. last year we sold a little over $1500 in banners, We have had ours for about 8 years, so it has certainly paid for itself. I had not thought about putting it on the website as an add on. Thanks for the idea! :)

I have the Elite Ribbon Printer as well.

It was a great investment, and like everyone else said, it's a great money maker.

Banners are popular in my area. I would say about 75% of the funeral arrangements we send out have banners.

People love the fact that the script can me customized. You aren't limited to standard sayings like Beloved mother.

The other bonus for us if that we can print different alphabets and different languages.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I really like the idea of being able to customize so instead of "grandfather" it could be "papa" or "pawpaw" etc etc. I like to be able to personalize things as much as I can.

In all honesty I was primarily thinking of funeral work....I hadn't really thought about how many other occasions or opportunites to sell the product there would be.

I think I need to strongly consider taking the plunge and investing in the machine....

Yes - buy it. We charge $5 a banner - well worth it, has paid for itself many times over. Ribbon expensive, so don't mess up the prints! Looks nice and clean too. Ability to print company logos on ribbon a huge plus, and GREAT sales-add on. We charge $10 for company logo banner on an order.

- H.

Yes - buy it. We charge $5 a banner - well worth it, has paid for itself many times over. Ribbon expensive, so don't mess up the prints! Looks nice and clean too. Ability to print company logos on ribbon a huge plus, and GREAT sales-add on. We charge $10 for company logo banner on an order.

- H.

$5 seems especially cheap. It seems like when I was looking at this printer, the cost of ribbon and foil was around $3(not to mention the depreciation on the printer). Maybe I am wrong that was before V-day, and my brain has been scrambled several times since then. We charge $10 per ribbon (glitter and glue) and I was going to raise it to $12.95 once we started printing

I don't know why I haven't bought that printer yet...

I invested in a ribbon printer mainly for funeral work, but we have the 'Add-on' on the website for people to have a message on their bouquets as well,for Anniversary, spcial birthday etc. quite popular, also for sashes for when the Guides etc are having charity days. We mainly print onto the poly ribbons for bouquet and wreath sashes, but satin for better quality long life sashes.

I have the Fiorella Printer, I love it. I noticed that some of you print on regular satin. I have tried printing on regular satin instead of their special poly ribbon but it comes out light when printed. Am I doing something wrong.