Ryan Freeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Ryan....

judging from the information I have, Mas, and MiniMas are superior to what I have, and CURRENTLY, what I have is superior to Daisy, so.....I LIKE the idea of being a candidate for MiniMas if it moves us forward!!
Luc was kind ahoping for the same thing, hence my initial comments...HE TOO wants to grow his business, with the best possible tools available, and MAY JUST REGRET signing up with a wire service POS system..and THAT is where we differ.
In 1987, I wanted to computerize...wanted NOTHING to do with wire service platforms, and went with the ONLY AVAILABLE CHOICE at the time...Florist Information Systems (FIS for short) and fully "networked" in 1987.
FIS has grown with us..even does stuff that Daisy don't and at a QUARTER of the cost of Daisy, I'd say we've waited just the right amount of time to start looking again..and tada...along comes Canadian Mas.
I'll talk to you more at OFC about this.......
Hal is supposed to call me tomorrow.

Ahhhhh

The ebb and flow....

Dang, sure is get'n interesting...now...ain;t it!

Congratulations Ryan! Teleflora's loss is MAS's gain. Best of luck to you with your new technology family.

Frank

No one else will ask so I guess I'm the ginny pig

Were all wondering if MAS is interfaced with the TF Duck sending system yet? I don't know so I'm asking this question, is that issue resolved?

TF Dove

Blue Oyster Cult said:
Were all wondering if MAS is interfaced with the TF Duck sending system yet? I don't know so I'm asking this question, is that issue resolved?
As stated many times not yet... Remember its not MAS that can't interface, its TF electing to not let the retail florist interface.

gr8vet said:
its TF electing to not let the retail florist interface.
And from what I get out of talking to some of the MAS users... so what? Seems that they have adjusted to life on Mercury and very well, it appears as it is Teleflora's loss at this point, not soon to be changed.

So I guess..

BOSS said:
And from what I get out of talking to some of the MAS users... so what? Seems that they have adjusted to life on Mercury and very well, it appears as it is Teleflora's loss at this point, not soon to be changed.

With Mas your Merc or your DOA? I'm confused...adjusted to life on Mercury and very well???

Ok, Very Well.....

Blue Oyster Cult said:
With Mas your Merc or your DOA? I'm confused...adjusted to life on Mercury and very well???

Ok, Very Well.....
No, not DOA, there are other options... just not....DUCK!

Adjusted= changed from Da DUCK to Da MERC

This is getting silly..

"Adjusted= changed from Da DUCK to Da MERC".

It's a WS thing.....I'm not interested.

We don't have Duck and we don't care any more, merc works just fine as does email, fax and direct phone sending. Not to mention THE bleeding edge Black Belt of all sending systems, MAS Direct. Oh I mentioned it, sorry...

They farkled around too long and can keep their Duck as far as I am concerned.

rock on

Blue Oyster Cult said:
It's a WS thing.....
Nah...it's a biz thing... some of us have to many orders to be able to phone them out, and need electronic transmission....

But changes are coming here too...

gr8vet said:
As stated many times not yet... Remember its not MAS that can't interface, its TF electing to not let the retail florist interface.

This is true - TF has elected (as is their fair right as a business) to restrict Dove access for platforms they consider to be competition.

One thing no one hsa mentioned recently is that Floral Source Inc is an affordable option to the big 2, has integration with MAS, and is rumoured to be moving into Canada in a big way shortly.

Do I hope TF allows the Dove interface? YES! Am I waiting for them? No.

Ryan

a long time ago.....

I stated that TF had the chance to become the WS forerunner, and that narrow margin of space has now elapsed, and other interests have noticed that TF is failing in more ways than that, and moving into uncharted territory.
ALL these things are business decisions, and frankly, from my vantage point, the door is now fully open for complete floral services WITHOUT the traditional wire services, and the ONLY WAY to truly compete, is open platform.
Mas has done that, FTD has done that, Daisy has done that...along with other visionary companies......of which TF is not one of.......

MAS and Floral Source

Infinite said:
This is true - TF has elected (as is their fair right as a business) to restrict Dove access for platforms they consider to be competition.

One thing no one hsa mentioned recently is that Floral Source Inc is an affordable option to the big 2, has integration with MAS, and is rumoured to be moving into Canada in a big way shortly.

Do I hope TF allows the Dove interface? YES! Am I waiting for them? No.

Ryan
Yes we do interface with Floral Source and some of our users are very large supporters, coverage has not been a problem. WE now have order confirmation with FSI. Costs are a fraction of FTD and TF, again its all about independancy.
If you really look at it we have more choices than wire service technology...
Believe me now MAS is here to stay. We have grown from 12 users a year ago to over 30 now. We will grow slow and effiecient without the neglect of our users.We feel MiniMAS is the key to the success of the retail florists. Its the same platform as MAS. One technology, one mission, success to the retail florist.

Status
Not open for further replies.