Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy D'Amico

May 17, 2005
Barnegat NJ, USA
www.myrosegardenflorist.com
State / Prov
NJ
I try and use the search function as much as possible, but I'm finding it turning up results that aren't relevant to my term.

For instance, "sales tax" revealed 2692 threads, inlcuding
THIS THREAD with one reference to "sales" & none to tax.

A search for "tax" revealed zero, even though THIS THREAD discusses "tax" or "TAX" at length.

Do caps matter?
Can you search a string of words, so they come up togehter like "sales tax" and not the individual words "sales" or "tax".

thanks for any suggestions,

tracy

You can also try using quotes to group words, or plus signs to mandate that words be present. Examples:

"sales tax"

+sales +tax

Once members start using the Tags feature more we'll be able to do tag searches as well as keyword searches.

Ryan

Reactions: Connie
+thank+you

:)

You can also try using quotes to group words, or plus signs to mandate that words be present. Examples:

"sales tax"

+sales +tax

Once members start using the Tags feature more we'll be able to do tag searches as well as keyword searches.

Ryan

what is the 'tags' feature?

where is the search for your own posts?

Yes, I am blinded by the light:SUI:

what is the 'tags' feature?

where is the search for your own posts?

Yes, I am blinded by the light:SUI:
The "Tags" box only shows up when you start a new thread/topic. It is not available in replying to posts and is used to categorize threads into topics when searching.

To find your own posts, go to your page (click on your name) and there will be a link for "find all posts" under the statistics tab.

You can also click on the Advanced Search link from the Search drop-down box, then choose the search by user field.

Tags are displayed at the bottom of each thread. The thread starter can add tags when the thread is started, or users can add tags that apply to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.