See / Listen to our Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom,
Love it or hate it, you can't argue with numbers. Given that G4 'virtually' won the X-Factor in the UK in 2004 with a 'barber shop approach' and that they have gone on to a very successful career, you have probably done the right thing as far as choice of music goes. It's a little different than normal everyday radio and i found it curiously refreshing (for want of a better phrase). Hope it works for you.

It didn't hurt anything

Fly2hi said:
Tom,
Love it or hate it, you can't argue with numbers. Given that G4 'virtually' won the X-Factor in the UK in 2004 with a 'barber shop approach' and that they have gone on to a very successful career, you have probably done the right thing as far as choice of music goes. It's a little different than normal everyday radio and i found it curiously refreshing (for want of a better phrase). Hope it works for you.

It sure didn't hurt activity. On line orders up 107.6%. Thanks for your vote of confidence, Fly2hi. I like like people who are willing to "Fly2hi".

I find it interesting that one can submit an idea expecting to get some stimulating feedback and more than ever, you get back "I don't like it" or "It won't work." It is so frustrating to submit an idea an not get any expansion on it. I call it brainstorming, but it often turns out to be brain-deadening. Isnt't there a story out about about many times Edison failed before he succeeded in making the light bulb?

Tom Carlson said:
I call it brainstorming, but it often turns out to be brain-deadening. Isnt't there a story out about about many times Edison failed before he succeeded in making the light bulb?
I suppose there is some truth to this, but come on, Tom, any and every trained,professional webmaster will tell you that auto-play music on your main page is simply not a good idea.

Now Edison's idea, to create a incandescent light bulb that would not burn down the entire city every 3 years, was not quite in the same league as something that was first tried about 6 years on the web and was universally scoffed at as annoying and distracting.

Reactions: 1 person
12BucksFor2Dozon said:
...please please PLEASE do NOT put auto-play music on your site!! Just add a link to the mp3 and allow the visitor the choice to listen...

I agree. I hate auto-play audio. I'll click if I want to listen, just give me a link to follow.

I suppose there is some truth to this, but come on, Tom, any and every trained,professional webmaster will tell you that auto-play music on your main page is simply not a good idea.

A good webmaster will evalute the target market and then decide that. Old people don't like music, younger people do. (In general)

12BucksFor2Dozon said:
Ok great then...since that "target" demo also tends to prefer hip-hop/rap, I can't wait to hear some 50 cent or The Game on your site Brandon...<wink>
Nothing would surprise me from Daz ...

I can just picture him & his preppy fauxhawk grovin' to Kanye ;)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.