See / Listen to our Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your website

Tom, The front page looks great!! very colorful & inviting. I love your hanging baskets!!! Wish ours in W. Pa. were showing that big now. (Need a bout 2 more weeks here to be that good looking).

Have a great holiday,

Cheryl

Did you miss the audio? That's what its all about!

CHERYL BAKIN said:
Tom, The front page looks great!! very colorful & inviting. I love your hanging baskets!!! Wish ours in W. Pa. were showing that big now. (Need a bout 2 more weeks here to be that good looking).

Have a great holiday,

Cheryl

I wanted comments on the AUDIO, maybe you don't have speakers.

Tom I love the concept, but personally I find the quartet music not appealing. I think it speaks to a narrow audience of people. Please don't be offended! I think a great catchy jingle that they will remember, simple one with your name in it, you know the kind you can't get out of your head all day, type of jingle, would be alot better.

Knife's Wife

So I'm in a "narrow" group. Here's my logic

flowerknife+us said:
Tom I love the concept, but personally I find the quartet music not appealing. I think it speaks to a narrow audience of people. Knife's Wife

This is being run on our AM Radio station as a 30 second ad. The objective of having barber shoppers singing is that NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT SOUND, SO IT HAS TO STAND OUT AND I BELIEVE IT DOES WITHOUT BEING OFFENSIVE.

Radio has always been an important medium for me, but recently have not use it because ads are Boom! Bang! Push! Shove! Wild Claims!. When a radio commercial says "we are the best" or "we have the most" my question is SAYS WHO? The answer is ME, THE ADVERTISER.

So I am trying something that is totally different, nothing else like it on radio, it has emotion, and it is not blasting the listener out of his head set.

We'll see how it goes. I did something similar to this for Valentines Day and we had a very good VD. Also for a promotion that I am running which is also working very well.

I try to not speak in terms of percentages and numbers because that is all so relative. I leaned about 40 years ago to just drop the last zero off any number that a company rep quoted and later found it to be much closer to accurate than originally stated. I tend to do the same thing with numbers that other retailers throw around. Is it 1,000 or 100? I'll bet on the 100 and usually am closer than the 1,000.

Oh, Please don't yell at me!! I thought you wanted feedback good or bad, no?

I'm sure you know what you are doing... I wish you much success with your endeavor. It makes a little more sense knowing that you are tying it into other advertising.

You Wrote...."I try to not speak in terms of percentages and numbers because that is all so relative. I leaned about 40 years ago to just drop the last zero off any number that a company rep quoted and later found it to be much closer to accurate than originally stated. I tend to do the same thing with numbers that other retailers throw around. Is it 1,000 or 100? I'll bet on the 100 and usually am closer than the 1,000."

Not sure how that fit into anything I said. I am certainly not one to ever brag or throw around numbers. I'm confused, I guess I'm missing the point in that last part.

Knife's Wife

I got to rambling

flowerknife+us said:
Oh, Please don't yell at me!! I thought you wanted feedback good or bad, no?

I'm confused, I guess I'm missing the point in that last part. Knife's Wife

Sorry if you thought I "yelled at you". Did I really? I appreciated your comment, just thought I would explain why I used a barber shop quartet.

I guess it is time for me to shut up or down and hit the sack. 5am comes in just 8 hours.

I like the audio, but I too keep my speakers down super low, or off, unless I'm listening to something I intended to.

I like the idea of the barbershop as an old fashioned homey way to go for advertising, nice sentiment for M-day. I don't know how difficult this would be .... but just for the website .... if you could ad a "scroll" across the bottom of the page, with the lyrics of the song? Kind of like they do for subititles for deaf television? Or a spot where the words are in text on the home page, with musical notes around them? Just an idea ... the words are great, even without the music. Actually, I like the words so much, I'm going to print them on a little sign in our shop by our card racks. We do this frequently at holidays with quotes I find online, and people write them in their cards. It's one of those little things I hope that customers remember about our shop - the whole atmosphere thing.

I think partnering your web audio, with your radio stuff is a great idea - that whole thing about consumers hearing your name/jingle three times before they remember you.
good luck, and hope you get some sleep - 5am days here, too.:notyet:
tracy

I thought it was awesome Tom - even called my sister in the office to listen to it.

We have a barbershop quartet that gets roses from us at Mother's Day and sells their services to serenade Moms here in town. We get a freebie for our Mom and they always sing her "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" - Mom and Dad's song. And they deliver the flowers to her that I promised Dad I would do every year Valentine's and Mother's Day just like he did before he left - a bouquet of carnations, with a card message from him.

Yep she always cries...

but they're good tears...

Tom, I put a small tune on a new little website I started last month.
www.keeneflowers.com.. it is very soft..not even sure if anyone hears it.

My comments to Barbershop music is I personally dislike it..it grates on my nerves.. but I know I may be in the minority. We have a group that do the Valentine thing here too.. I was at a Person of the Year dinner two months ago with the group doing the entertainment and after 3 songs I was so relieved to hear the rest of my group suggest we cut out early because 3 songs were ok but they couldn't take it any longer.. so maybe short bursts like on radio are great.
My response from radio has dipped big time in the last 5 years.. I almost never use it now.. only for our bridal shows in January because it works for them I think.

One question tho'.. does the younger generation like Barbershop?? because they are the ones really tuned into the web.. our generation are less apt to web-surf.. so who is your audience for this website??

Personal opinion only: I hate web audio, unless I'm visiting an audio site.

Just my thoughts :)

Ryan

PS - Remember the poor schmo who's listening to his at-work radio station, hears your ad and thinks, "Oh, my, I should order flowers for Mom." He browses to your site hoping to sneak in a quick "shop" between tasks at work, only to be outted by your music. He'll be leaving your site faster than a greyhound on skates.

My take on ANY web audio

I believe my web surfing in my office represents other business employee surfing (I believe a big % of website surfing & purchasing), the other employees hear it (or your boss/supervisor) and it can be disruptive for others.....now knowing that you are not "working". When I get to sites with audio, I first frantically take a look for the music off symbol.... and if I do not find it in "one glance", I exit the website....(Tom, yours did not quite meet my one glance test, I took more time and scrolled down to find the small script at the bottom)

......but hey, maybe this does not represent any other business employee.....and only I have the one glance test.....

clay

I like audio, but I am weird. I do not like that kind of audio though that you have on your site Tom. BUT the real question is what does your target like? Are they all old? If so, go for it, but in some cases you will scare others off. I'm not saying young people don't like that kind of music, but most don't. I'm also not saying that old people like it either.

When I see your site and hear that music, I think traditional. There is a large crowd out there, who likes to spend high $, who doesn't like traditional.

Keep your market in mind. It's had to find one type of music everyone likes, hence the grumbles.

Tom I didn't think you were really yelling at me. If I had I would have yelled back!! I was only saying that because you capitalized in your sentence, as follows:

This is being run on our AM Radio station as a 30 second ad. The objective of having barber shoppers singing is that NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT SOUND, SO IT HAS TO STAND OUT AND I BELIEVE IT DOES WITHOUT BEING OFFENSIVE.

Hope you got that good nights sleep, you deserve it!

Knife's Wife

Hire them Bloomz

bloomz said:
I thought it was awesome Tom - even called my sister in the office to listen to it.

We have a barbershop quartet that gets roses from us at Mother's Day and sells their services to serenade Moms here in town. We get a freebie for our Mom and they always sing her "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" - Mom and Dad's song. And they deliver the flowers to her that I promised Dad I would do every year Valentine's and Mother's Day just like he did before he left - a bouquet of carnations, with a card message from him.

Yep she always cries...

but they're good tears...

Our barbershop chapter which has several quartets has us book all their orders. We supply them with one rose in a vial for $7.50. They are absolutely thrilled with the efficiency of our FAS order system.

They will also deliver orders for us, so if a customer wants the quartet singing a love song along with a vase of roses, that's a deal I love.

Worked for me last V-Day. Could not get them to do it for M-Day as they do not want to "overdo" their main fund raiser. We are mentioned in all their ads for their promotion.

Everybody loves music, IT'S EVERYWHERE

carol said:
Tom, I put a small tune on a new little website I started last month.
www.keeneflowers.com.. it is very soft..not even sure if anyone hears it.

My comments to Barbershop music is I personally dislike it..it grates on my nerves.. but I know I may be in the minority. We have a group that do the Valentine thing here too.. I was at a Person of the Year dinner two months ago with the group doing the entertainment and after 3 songs I was so relieved to hear the rest of my group suggest we cut out early because 3 songs were ok but they couldn't take it any longer.. so maybe short bursts like on radio are great.
My response from radio has dipped big time in the last 5 years.. I almost never use it now.. only for our bridal shows in January because it works for them I think.

One question tho'.. does the younger generation like Barbershop?? because they are the ones really tuned into the web.. our generation are less apt to web-surf.. so who is your audience for this website??

Well, here is a 74 year old respoding. I think your music should fade out after the first 15 to 30 seconds. It does become distracting as it has a distinct beat. Maybe we should play to the whole spectrum of demographic listeners.

As soon as my customer comes to the website, they hear music, but as soon as they select a category, the music stops.

Just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.