Seems silly but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollyhocks, some do it because that is all they know, some do it because it was the only way to finance their computer system, so did it because they needed a web presence, some do it because they send hundreds and hundreds of wireouts a month and need a good network and a seemless high speed delivery, there are many, many reasons that many use a ws. Some it works real good for, others break even, some are on the edge of giving it all up....if it doesn't work for your shop, good on you for realizing it and going with a different approach....that is what business is all about, figuring out what works for you and what doesn't....as far as we all boycotting the WS orders, good luck getting that one organized, I give you a month before you are ready to throw your hands up and dealing with your fellow florist and getting organized, we have all been there and tried, it is like herding cats, maybe even harder..
as far as we all boycotting the WS orders, good luck getting that one organized, I give you a month before you are ready to throw your hands up and dealing with your fellow florist and getting organized
Are you serious? That was supposed to be a joke. And for the record I don't give up. Jeez, lighten up people. I don't think this flower chat is for me. Good luck to everyone out there.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you serious? That was supposed to be a joke. And for the record I don't give up. Jeez, lighten up people. I don't think this flower chat is for me. Good luck to everyone out there.
As a heart attack....

You have to understand many of us have been here at FlowerChat for going on 7 years in some cases, and like me, been in the industry for more than 40. FlowerChat is not just about wire services, nor boycotting them, and in most cases while the wires are the leading angst of any Real Florist, in most cases they occupy the least amount of space in a store. In my case, less than 5% of total revenue.

While they are my favorite whipping boyZ, even I have grown to realize there is little hope of organizing any type of boycott. Lord knows I have tried over the years. Each shop has to do what is right for them *today*, that might not be the same thing that's right for them tomorrow.

Being perhaps the leading boycott cheerleader, I have also realized that I'm wasting my breath trying to organize, and better spend my time laying out the realities of the wires and let others come to their own conclusions.

Some say I'm a radical, but honestly I just care about the future of this industry, and the consumer and florists alike and have little use for Big Brother.

You might be right, FlowerChat might not be for you, but you can't judge that on wire service topics alone... really there are better things to chat about, and more important things to deal with.

as far as we all boycotting the WS orders, good luck getting that one organized, I give you a month before you are ready to throw your hands up and dealing with your fellow florist and getting organized

Probably not if a very tame disagreement like this is going to get your panties in a bunch....not sure what was said to even make you mad...I thought I was just giving my answer to your unanswered question, guess you really didn't want an answer now did ya, or maybe you just wanted someone to say what you wanted to hear....

Yet another gung ho attitude without much fight behind it...I'd rather keep it real with my expectations and not be disappointed later...I will get excited when there is a real reason and a realistic plan in place, til then business as usual and making decision for myself racking my own brain to a solution....almost 20 years and no good ideas yet...maybe soon, maybe soon...

Reactions: kt4ye
Status
Not open for further replies.