"Snow Globe" With Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone back in this thread said Lifesake and that was the company's name (really showing my age here but...) and we sold tons of them in this small town back in the 70's early 80's. And yes, Lori, those aquariums were the basis for them but they were waxed (as stated in this thread). The last time I ordered them (had a request for some) I bought them from a company in New York, and I believe the name was FasterForm Co (which someone also mentioned).
The old style were very yuck! Lots of wax, the ones I bought last time were dipped much lighter and were better looking (but I still won't carry them in the shop anymore)

Did your mom have some of those glass grapes that seemed to be on everyone's coffee table? :)

My Mom taught everyone and all their friends how to make those "glass" grapes in "Twila's Craft and Hobby Shop". I was named after Mom (if you didn't figure that one out already). They were actually Resin Grapes.

I used to own one of those Globes with the floating rose. I purchased it at the State Fair...I'm sure it was back in the 70's.

This is as close as I think you can get in today's merchandise. That was the same type of thing I saw on the Home shopping a good while ago. The only reason I remember that particular thing is the person demonstrating had NO CLUE about what flowers were what. Mistaking a Gerbera for a Daisy Mum. Calling an amaryllis a red lily.

I mean this woman had NO CLUE.

I know you want the manufacturing info, but I found my bowl o beauty and you can have it if you want. I'd be happy to mail it. Otherwise, there is a few posts here where you can buy. Hope you got what you needed.

My grandmother had one of those along with the plastic on the furniture and plastic runners on the floor. We were not allowed to get off the plastic path.

Status
Not open for further replies.