So how Cheesy where the 80's????

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonlovesflowers

Oct 16, 2007
Albuquerque
State / Prov
New Mexico
My Hubby is watching old 80's heavy metal videos.

Every now and then he calls me in for a good laugh.

Poor me, then I remember how I used to dress (madonna wannabe.. YIPES!!) Complete with the lace gloves and socks, pleather (in summer in New Mexico mind you....gross) yellow nail polish, blue lipstick and woody woodpecker hair.. Lets all hope that look never comes back.

And when I met Hubby he was wearing 501's and HALF shirts! Oh and remember those horrible mesh half shirts that boys would wear... I think my hubby still has his Camel cigarettes one.

We just watched one of the all time cheesiest vidos... Lick it up by Kiss.
What the hell were they thinking??

Any one else wanna share silly 80's memories??

I graduated from high school in 1989, I can even believe I've been out of high school for almost 20 years..

When I was in high school no one had a cell phone, wasn't even a thought.
We could smoke ON CAMPUS!!, I even had one class where I could smoke in class, cause the teacher smoked a pipe!!!!!!!!
In some states the drinking age was 18,
I only needed 21 credits to graduate,
minimum wage was $3.10/ hour......

I'm feeling a bit like Sally in When Harry met Sally when she's crying and tells him "I'm gonna be 40" he says "when" and she says "in 4 years" or what ever she says.... Yeah I'm there....

Reactions: 1 person
My Hubby is watching old 80's heavy metal videos.

Every now and then he calls me in for a good laugh.

Poor me, then I remember how I used to dress (madonna wannabe.. YIPES!!) Complete with the lace gloves and socks, pleather (in summer in New Mexico mind you....gross) yellow nail polish, blue lipstick and woody woodpecker hair.. Lets all hope that look never comes back.

And when I met Hubby he was wearing 501's and HALF shirts! Oh and remember those horrible mesh half shirts that boys would wear... I think my hubby still has his Camel cigarettes one.

We just watched one of the all time cheesiest vidos... Lick it up by Kiss.
What the hell were they thinking??

Any one else wanna share silly 80's memories??

I graduated from high school in 1989, I can even believe I've been out of high school for almost 20 years..

When I was in high school no one had a cell phone, wasn't even a thought.
We could smoke ON CAMPUS!!, I even had one class where I could smoke in class, cause the teacher smoked a pipe!!!!!!!!
In some states the drinking age was 18,
I only needed 21 credits to graduate,
minimum wage was $3.10/ hour......

I'm feeling a bit like Sally in When Harry met Sally when she's crying and tells him "I'm gonna be 40" he says "when" and she says "in 4 years" or what ever she says.... Yeah I'm there....

Oh boy, I had the flock of seagulls hairdo in the 8th grade....hows that for cheese!!!

I used to wear all black clothes with flourescent accesories the more the better....3 different earrings in each ear, 3 different slouch socks on each foot. white nails with flourescent polka dots on them or stripes...floriescent hair ties...Was I bright and obnoxios, my grandmother used to shake her head and ask my mother what she was thinking letting me out of the house like that...

Then came the hair metal years....long shaggy hair like the hair band babes crawling all over cars...I gradiated in 1989 too, so yeah I am there also, Shannon..I think we would have been great friends in high school...

Maybe now all will stop laughing at those of us who survived the 70's with those platform shoes and polyester leisure suits!

I grew up in the eighties too, graduated same year as Shannon(1989)

Used to be a punk rocker with the shaved sides on my head and bleached blonde bangs, with the earing and all! member when that was cool, ha ha!

Lick it UP by KISS! What the heck were they thinking!!!! 80's metal is soooo cheesy!

Who am I to talk, I used to like Loverboy & Billy Squier! Yikes!

I grew up in the eighties too, graduated same year as Shannon(1989)

Used to be a punk rocker with the shaved sides on my head and bleached blonde bangs, with the earing and all! member when that was cool, ha ha!

Lick it UP by KISS! What the heck were they thinking!!!! 80's metal is soooo cheesy!

Who am I to talk, I used to like Loverboy & Billy Squier! Yikes!

Wow, Adam, Loverboy and billy squire now that is a brave admission....

Wow, Adam, Loverboy and billy squire now that is a brave admission....

I know Lori, it's pretty lame! I had an older brother who turned me on to that crap!

I eventually rebelled and started listening to the dead kennedys, and hardcore punk. I was never into metal in the 80's....

Maybe now all will stop laughing at those of us who survived the 70's with those platform shoes and polyester leisure suits!
polyester leisure suites were and always will be worse that woody woodpecker hair!!

I actually had the Molly 'do'; My hair was red (at the time) so I figured I'd do the little ringwald bob. I remember wearing anklet socks with very high heels and lots and lots of layers.
I got married in '88 and you should see the pictures of the high hair and big bows. Woo! really big bows.

Billy Idol is hot!! Hey Cathie, you made me feel young (hard to do!)... I'm 1973.

80's were the best. Graduated in '88 here.

Rainbow leg warmers
Feathers on roach clips, as hair accessories ;)
Bandanas, as a belt, or just looped & hung from your beltloop.
Perms!
Banana Clips for your hair (looooved that)
Gold lame bridesmaid dress, complete with a pointed pillbox style hat, with a gold mesh part veil that covered just your eyes. I felt soooo sexy!
Leggings with giant oversized shaker sweaters
Slouch socks to match your shirt
Izod shirts, collars UP!
Stevie Nicks

I love the 80's, music & all - at least we made a statement of some kind. The 90's were bland, and I can't imagine what the style statement will be for this decade.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is SO funny!!!! I was an 80's kid too (a little older though). When I was doing my 20th reunion, I had a picture of me & my 2 best friends and my daughter flung it across the table, disgusted, and scowled "who are those tacky people with the mullets"!?!?!?! OMG, I had a 80's mullet!?!?! I also had the crispy crunchy Madonna hair...no mall bangs though, I dodged that bullet!

As for 80's music, nothing beats the hair band power ballad. We thought they were SO poetic and poignant...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did any of those guys ever reproduce after wearing jeans that tight for so many years!?!?!?

Tracy, the feather roach clip, you kill me!!!!!

Whoever mentioned the ZZtop ankle socks with the pumps, you kill me too!!!!!

remember the Risky Buisness shades when they went punk rock...with splashed neon paint on the lenses!?!?

I PRAY stirrp pants NEVER make a comeback!!!!!

I need a Bartles & James wine cooler and a shot of root beer schnaps now! Ah the good ole' days.............

Jon Bon Jovi is still soooooo hot. I still am in love with him. Oh man that smile!!

Do you remember putting 1/2 a can of mousse in your hair!!!!
Do they still even make mousse??

Oh my Gawd!! I forgot about Aquanet... Oh and Rave hairspray.. cheap nasty crap!!

I heard Sting doesn't bathe,,,yuck.

But Jon Bon Jovi could smell like elephant poop and I wouldn't care. I love him.
Him and Keanu Reeves.

Yes, my Husband knows.

So what. he loves that skank Jessica Alba... well maybe shes not a total skank. But I think maybe she is....

80's were the best. Graduated in '88 here.

Rainbow leg warmers
Feathers on roach clips, as hair accessories ;)
Bandanas, as a belt, or just looped & hung from your beltloop.
Perms!
Banana Clips for your hair (looooved that)
Gold lame bridesmaid dress, complete with a pointed pillbox style hat, with a gold mesh part veil that covered just your eyes. I felt soooo sexy!
Leggings with giant oversized shaker sweaters
Slouch socks to match your shirt
Izod shirts, collars UP!
Stevie Nicks

I had RED leg warmers

Wore Banana Clips all the time

Leggings with giant sweaters....totally awesome!

Slouch socks....in every color baby!

Izod shirts, collars up....I was an 80s prep

Big, BIG hair, tons of eyeliner and Big plastic earrings and bracelets.

I'm a little younger, graduated in '95 but I was not immune to the tackiest era ever. I look back and wonder what the heck were people thinking. remember rat tails? sick. I love looking at wedding pictures from the 80's but then I always feel bad for the bride 'cause I know she's wondering now how she wore such an atrocity back then. The makeup, so much of it with the blue eye shadow and the hot pink blush. Good times :alcoholic

Status
Not open for further replies.