So how Cheesy where the 80's????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who am I to talk, I used to like Loverboy & Billy Squier! Yikes!

Me too! Especially Loverboy. And Duran Duran! and Def Leppard! Like, ohmigod! I had very big hair, it was lovely. Also wore those jelly shoes, anyone remember those? ack.
lol

Dungarees ! ooooh i remember my skin tight Dungaree dress, and my long, one sided fringe.......Duran Duran fringe ? lol
OMG I loved Duran Duran too!!! and Def Leppard...
I still love Def Leppard! I think Pyromania was one of the all time best rock albums ever!!! Oh and Joe Elliot! yay!

OMG I loved Duran Duran too!!! and Def Leppard...
I still love Def Leppard! I think Pyromania was one of the all time best rock albums ever!!! Oh and Joe Elliot! yay!

I remember the def Leppard- Billy squier concert, Def Lep stole the show! That was before their drummer lost his arm, after that they sucked really bad!

I also liked Duran Duran, I can't believe I just admitted that! Yikes! Well, I already threw out Billy Squier & Loverboy, so Duran Duran is looking pretty cool right now!lol

Adam Ant...love him!

I remember the def Leppard- Billy squier concert, Def Lep stole the show! That was before their drummer lost his arm, after that they sucked really bad!

I also liked Duran Duran, I can't believe I just admitted that! Yikes! Well, I already threw out Billy Squier & Loverboy, so Duran Duran is looking pretty cool right now!lol
NO WAY master J!!!!

Def Leppard still rocks. I saw them in concert in like 1996, they were awesome!!

It was on my 25 birthday and I won the tickets off the radio! Woo Hoo!
I won cause I knew what pine nuts were.. What a lame question...
Even more lame, I was like the 15th caller! All 14 people before me had no clue!

Def Leppard was on Dancing With The Stars....my husband was screaming from the other room " SELL OUT!" " My boys are sellin out!"
I said " Aw come on honey, the blue hairs at the retirement home are rockin out!"

I was 15 in 1989 - Hooded jumpers (they're back), ripped jeans (they're back), baseball caps (OK we used to wear them backwards, now they wear them sideways?!).

I refuse to admit to the sort of music I listend to then. Instead of an IPod I had a walkman (no kids, it didn't hold 3,000 songs).

Class of 1989 myself....

Inxs, Guns n Roses, The Cure, Biz Markie, LL Cool J, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Cure were probably my most listened to.

El Toro Tequila, Busch Light and Old Milwaukee beer, Beer bongs. Beer cans, a potato, and a Toilet paper roll as a smoking device.

Band practice(drummer) wrestling practice, work at the flower shop, skipping school to go fishing....

Girbaud jean tailored to narrow and fit right on the penny loafer and pink polo button down after I moved past the burn out and rap phase.

That's my trip down memory lane for the day

Reactions: 1 person
What about Prince, Vanity 6, and Boy George!! lol

To get my hair as high as possible, I held my can of Aquanet in one hand, the the hair dryer in the other. I lit my Maybeline black eyeliner before I used it to get the blackest and Thickest line I could!!

What about this guy outfit. Parachute pants, the Converse Tennis shoes that came above the ankle, many many bandanas lied to the bottom of your legs, and this outfit would not be complete without the Michael Jackson jacket!!

I lived with my Dad in Farmington, but my Mom lived in Warren, so I was out there all the time. Hung out at Thomas Manor a lot, so had a lot of "break dancing" friends and that is what they wore. lol

Yeah, met my husband out there and he had a cutlass and a cheesy mustache!! lol

You guys are a bunch of freaks

I missed the 80's - just dunno where they went.

Sad but true huh?

That's why I'm living life at about 100 mph today.

My Hubby is watching old 80's heavy metal videos.

Every now and then he calls me in for a good laugh.

Poor me, then I remember how I used to dress (madonna wannabe.. YIPES!!) Complete with the lace gloves and socks, pleather (in summer in New Mexico mind you....gross) yellow nail polish, blue lipstick and woody woodpecker hair.. Lets all hope that look never comes back.

And when I met Hubby he was wearing 501's and HALF shirts! Oh and remember those horrible mesh half shirts that boys would wear... I think my hubby still has his Camel cigarettes one.

We just watched one of the all time cheesiest vidos... Lick it up by Kiss.
What the hell were they thinking??

Any one else wanna share silly 80's memories??

I graduated from high school in 1989, I can even believe I've been out of high school for almost 20 years..

When I was in high school no one had a cell phone, wasn't even a thought.
We could smoke ON CAMPUS!!, I even had one class where I could smoke in class, cause the teacher smoked a pipe!!!!!!!!
In some states the drinking age was 18,
I only needed 21 credits to graduate,
minimum wage was $3.10/ hour......

I'm feeling a bit like Sally in When Harry met Sally when she's crying and tells him "I'm gonna be 40" he says "when" and she says "in 4 years" or what ever she says.... Yeah I'm there....
Eek,
I graduated HS in 1982. I was an artist wannabe with an all black wardrobe and carried a big black artist portfolio around with me. I wore creepers and bleached my hair white like Billy Idol.

Jesus, my childhood was a complete mess!

Jeff

I just love this post. As a child of the 80's - gradutating high school in 86 and college in 90 - I can totally relate!!!

This year has been a total 80's rewind for me. Saw The Police 3 times during their reunion tour (yes, Sting is still extremely hot!), Billy Idol at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, Nine in Nails twice (NIN started in 89) and yes, in two weeks off to see Duran Duran at the house of blues in Atlantic City. Just an FYI, Depeche Mode is releasing a new cd in 09 and will be touring. "Just can't get enough" of the 80's!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.