Teleflora and ProFlowers

Hmmm... and overall downward trend?

I'm gonna borrow that image...
Guess what...they have NOW finally burned through the "susceptible" customers....no need to "borrow" that image....it's now true, what Ryan is saying!

View attachment 15938

According to Google interest in all the big 4 has dropped significantly ... TF hasn't increased, but the others are dropping to their level.

So does this mean that consumers are done with flowers?

I see the same trends in PPC impressions. Either we can blame it on the economy, look at the loss of upset customers or the lack of main stream media promoting flowers.

I really wish we could all figure out a way to promote our industry better because If we don't soon there won't be enough of us left to anything about it.

Reactions: sandytf and theRKF

I see the same trends in PPC impressions. Either we can blame it on the economy, look at the loss of upset customers or the lack of main stream media promoting flowers.

I really wish we could all figure out a way to promote our industry better because If we don't soon there won't be enough of us left to anything about it.

TRUST plays a key role in a tightening economy...consumers flat don't trust the marketers so much any more.....some will NOT buy flowers anymore as well!

Done? Not yet. Getting doner? Yes - I've seen this trend for many years. One of my teaching slides shows online interest in flowers charted against the overall ecommerce interest levels. Flowers started strong and have flagged badly for years.

I blame the push to commoditize flowers. We have seen all the marketing efforts and their online affiliates pushing the low dollar sale, so what used to be an experience has become a cheap fallback. We can either follow the trend or start marketing the experience of sending / receiving flowers (like the Texas State Assoc has done with their recent sympathy flowers video) to create the real value impression.

Reactions: herndonflorist
Done? Not yet. Getting doner? Yes - I've seen this trend for many years. One of my teaching slides shows online interest in flowers charted against the overall ecommerce interest levels. Flowers started strong and have flagged badly for years.

I blame the push to commoditize flowers. We have seen all the marketing efforts and their online affiliates pushing the low dollar sale, so what used to be an experience has become a cheap fallback. We can either follow the trend or start marketing the experience of sending / receiving flowers (like the Texas State Assoc has done with their recent sympathy flowers video) to create the real value impression.
We've seen the "pizza delivery" being compared to flower shops now, and they seem to hold the same "importance.....we are fighting tooth and nail against that trend, and have been pretty well rewarded, however, we're NOT interested if this trend devolves too much further....there are MANY options available these days, to stay in the florist biz, and run a pizza shop flower shop....NOT INTERESTED!