Teleflora delivery confirmation part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, let me ask for a clarification.....You have me somewhat confused.

Am I understanding this right?

If the order from Flower Shop A has an arrangement going to Flower Shop B for pool delivery in his area, then Flower Shop A supplies Flower Shop B the customer contact information or Flower Shop A tells the sender that the flowers will be delivered by Flower Shop B and to contact Flower Shop B for the confirmation?

Am I understanding that correctly.....Is that what you are saying?

-----------------------------------------------------

If so, then I have some further questions on that concept.

Joe, let me ask for a clarification.....You have me somewhat confused.

Am I understanding this right?

If the order from Flower Shop A has an arrangement going to Flower Shop B for pool delivery in his area, then Flower Shop A supplies Flower Shop B the customer contact information or Flower Shop A tells the sender that the flowers will be delivered by Flower Shop B and to contact Flower Shop B for the confirmation?

Am I understanding that correctly.....Is that what you are saying?

-----------------------------------------------------

If so, then I have some further questions on that concept.

Ricky, I don't think Joe was referring to the pool, he was referring to the sending shops customer info. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, he's saying as compensation for the time and effort it will take to dcon, he wants the senders contact info to directly confirm the order and to market to in the future. That's how I interpreted his post.

Wow and I interpreted that as an attempt to answer my question with a question.

The question I asked is if you were to send out an order and there are 2 choices for that town. one dcons and one doesn't, the one who does is a subpar florist, the one who does not dcon is a tried and true florist. Which one would you send your order to if faced with only these 2 florist.

The question was for the dcon avocates to answer.

Joan

Ricky, I don't think Joe was referring to the pool, he was referring to the sending shops customer info. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, he's saying as compensation for the time and effort it will take to dcon, he wants the senders contact info to directly confirm the order and to market to in the future. That's how I interpreted his post.

That's the way I read it as well.........but I wanted to be sure before I said anything.

The question I asked is if you were to send out an order and there are 2 choices for that town. one dcons and one doesn't, the one who does is a subpar florist, the one who does not dcon is a tried and true florist. Which one would you send your order to if faced with only these 2 florist.

Joan

One thing for sure Joan.....I am trying to help out here as best I can.

For a singular, independent shop who does all their own deliveries without belonging to a pool or any type of delivery service.....doing the dconn is no problem....whether they WANT TO DO IT or not is another matter. Goldie and JB obviously want to do the dconns.....appears Joe doesn't want to.

Trouble is.......seems the 'wisest' of businesspeople on FC don't really want to try and help another florist unless it benefits them....or they disregard what is being said by someone else in a an effort to convey their own viewpoint.

Reactions: Knife's Wife
Joan, I would guess that an OG would choose a florist on it's preferre list over the one that guarantees a dcon.

In my case, my preferred list is small, I have to make a lot of educated guesses when wiring an order out. Therefore a shop that guarantees dcon would carry a lot of weight in my book.

This is why I think my suggestion a few pages back make sense. Wires services can require all members to list zips that they directly service with their own vehicles. If you list the zip, you're required to dcon. If a sender sends an order to you to a zip not listed, you can use the delivery pool and are not required to dcon.

This provides flexibility to both the sender and the filler.

Of course, I wouldn't use any incompetent florist just because they offer dcon. Kind of obvious. I wasn't answering your question, because I don't understand what the point of question was.

If your point is to show that dcon is less important than other critical parameters, such as design skills, etc, of course you are correct.

It just has nothing to do with why some of us prefers a florist who offers dcons - most of time, we do NOT know the florist we are sending orders to. So the situation you are describing above, rarely, if ever, occurs.

Of course, I wouldn't use any incompetent florist just because they offer dcon. Kind of obvious. I wasn't answering your question, because I don't understand what the point of question was.
Kind of obvious? read the above post, some would chose one over the other.

If your point is to show that dcon is less important than other critical parameters, such as design skills, etc, of course you are correct.
I was not trying to "show" that dcons were less important, I was trying to gather feedback as to whether which was more important to each florist.

It just has nothing to do with why some of us prefers a florist who offers dcons - most of time, we do NOT know the florist we are sending orders to. So the situation you are describing above, rarely, if ever, occurs.

Exactly why opinions will vary on this...in your world you say it rarely happens. Out of every 100 orders I send I can safely guess that 75% of florist I use, I know the quality of their work, or at least have used them long enough to have a established enough knowledge and feedback through customers to know who to mark prefered and who not to.

I know bloomz in many post has stated that he has a list of prefers, and I wondered if faced with the 2 florist option which florist would chose.

I don't think the answer is obvious at all... as been said many, many times florist have a hard time agreeing on anything, why should this be any different.

Joan

Good question Joan......although I don't think JB will be brave enough to outright answer that one. If the preferred florist doesn't do a dconn and the lesser one does......would that change the choice of filler for his precious client/customer?

What about it JB - Seems Joan is calling you out.....Brave enough to meet the challenge and tell us if dconn makes a difference?

Joan, I read your question entirely wrong.

I thought you were saying a customer has two choices one is flower shop A and the other is flower shop B. I wasn't thinking in terms of a this order being a wire order, but rather a direct order.

sorry for the confusion, I think its time to lie down.... been having dizzy spells this afternoon.

joe

Reactions: 1 person
Joan,

I think wire services would prefer the decon florist.

There is no evidence whatsoever wire services have ever put any value in product quality.

In a meeting with the owners of FTD they expressed their concerns that Vera Wang refuses to let her flowers be florist delivered because the proper product, quality, and presentation was unreliable. I suggested they could send those orders along with the Luxury Line to me and I'd guarantee the proper product, quality, and presentation, including always having on hand the unusual flowers required for same day delivery in all Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus areas. I thought that would help solve their quality issues on high end lines and allow for same day delivery. All they'd have to do is get select quality florists that were able to commit to the same level in other major markets.

Their response was why should we send the orders to you. You don't use our point of sales system.

At that point I realized we were on completely different pages and had totally different ideas on how to achieve customer satisfaction. I thought they should focus on the product, and they thought they should focus on everything except the product, especially a brand new shiny black and gold box.

I am quite sure Teleflora is no different. Although I don't know for fact, they always reportedly sent wire orders to florists who couldn't pay their bill to work the balance down. That doesn't sound like they're too concerned about quality.

RC

Good question Joan......although I don't think JB will be brave enough to outright answer that one. If the preferred florist doesn't do a dconn and the lesser one does......would that change the choice of filler for his precious client/customer?

What about it JB - Seems Joan is calling you out.....Brave enough to meet the challenge and tell us if dconn makes a difference?

OK Ricky since you demanded - here's your answer.

DUH

Reactions: 1 person
OK Ricky since you demanded - here's your answer.

DUH

Does DUH mean that you would send your order to the shop that gives the dconn....even if you know that shop does sub-standard work, or does it mean what I would hope it does? That being that your customer's order is precious and you want the best for your customer and send to the shop who does better work......even without the dconn.

Now, seriously.......let's get back to finding potential solutions to the problem of dconns and pool deliveries hunh?

Status
Not open for further replies.