Teleflora is changing it's management....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOSS said:
Yes TF is driving orders to their florists with TF.com, but for how long... I think this is simply another part of their big picture of testing how many they may be able to gather once they flip the switch...
"WE WILL NOT COMPETE" and while your at it, see if they'll give up FlowerClub...

There is a subtle but important distinction between driving ORDERS to florists as opposed to driving CUSTOMERS to florists like they used to do.

Those coop ads crack me up, like a gallery of suckers. Don't the people who pay for them even look at them? (magnifying glass, yep, right, there's my name there, here's my check)

(sorry if I offended any suckers)

Teleflora

I really don't see where they can alter the system like FTD had without finding themselfs in a major class action suit.

As far as the large senders are concerned. To me it depends upon who they are. If they are SFOs. Then I'm not going to worry about it. If they went to FTD then so much the better. Better to drain their members of revenue.

Any way you do the math. Filling Telafloras .Com orders is still better than anything FTD offers for filling theirs.

When someone looks me in the eye and tells me something, I tend to take them at their word. (except when playing cards for money). So I'll take what Mr. Buttler said at face value untill proven otherwise.

One question you all might have an answer for. If your own speculations on the future are true. Why would the CO-OP ads list the members personal web addresses? Makes it kinda hard to gather orders that way doesn't it?

Yes, it would be nice to see Flowerclub go away. But one never really knows what the future holds.

Last time I participated in Co-op with FTD they too listed the members URL...

But I don;t use that venue anymore...so I don;t know how it works these days....

Knife said something about them altering the system...a class action suit?

HAHAHAHAHA, I don't think so..not a private held company no sir no way no how. After all They write the Rules not the members.

It's a volunteer membership you volunteer your money and they set the rules.

flowerknife+us said:
One question you all might have an answer for. If your own speculations on the future are true. Why would the CO-OP ads list the members personal web addresses? Makes it kinda hard to gather orders that way doesn't it?

Yes, it would be nice to see Flowerclub go away. But one never really knows what the future holds.

It's not hard at all, you simply put your name about 20 times bigger than you put the people who pay for the ads names...Coop ads list your url if you want them to, but how many customers you really believe get out the magnifying glass for the 8 point font or do they just type in the big 200 point font teleflora.com. You pay for that, you're just paying for them to take the order away from you. Also remember, with that teleflora.com system, they are taking away your wire outs also, the only real profitable part of the equation. It's designed for YOUR customers not to have to bother you with wire outs any more.

Flowerclub I'm afraid ain't never gonna go away, that "it's for sale" deal was just spin at the time. I heard Coccarri say it personally "we are going to continue to run flowerclub to keep those orders out of the hands of ftd" and "companies will do business with a big name like teleflora that wouldn't do business with any individual florist"

I also heard him say "we will never compete". Not lately tho..... :tread:

Blue Oyster Cult said:
Knife said something about them altering the system...a class action suit?

HAHAHAHAHA, I don't think so..not a private held company no sir no way no how. After all They write the Rules not the members.

It's a volunteer membership you volunteer your money and they set the rules.

Also remember, one of the rules in their rules is, we can change the rules any time we like! Seriously it is in there, read them.

I really don't see where they can alter the system like FTD had without finding themselfs in a major class action suit.

They can certainly refuse to allow non-florists (those that will not fill orders) membership. But they choose not to...

There's also alot they could do to crack down on the companies using their services to deceive consumers by:

* Pretending they're in locations other then their actual one (this violates a who lotta Federal US laws)
* Claiming -free delivery- in ads when they actually don't deliver the order (this violates a whole 'nuther set of Federal laws.)
* Charging delivery fees that are not passed on to filling florists (this violates FTD's own rules as well as a different set of Federal laws.)

IMO the failure to investigate claims of fraud on the part of 'members and affiliates' (and do anything about them while profitting mightily as a result of the deception) makes them party to the fraud.

Unless this whole area is cleaned up and enforced with real teeth, then a class action suit on behalf of consumers is just bound to happen and will likely leave the entire industry with a black eye from which we'll all have a tough time recovering.

The question is still there...

WHY oh WHY does this industry still gather around the Companys who are still sucking out the WIND of this Industry?

Folks in this industry have let their own operations be dictated via a service without even being really Involved? with the direction that these so-called TOOLS to HELP YOU are going?

YET, conversations tend to REACT to what your Statement say's "This Month".

Hey, I just came back from Dumpster Diving and I now have the May-July Directorys!!

I love it when a Florist likes to get paid TODAY with no discount from my end.
Watch out...we HOBO'S are really talking to Real Florists who are HIP to the Discount WS Game.

I remember a day

when someone said they'd never have a POS system...hmmmm who was that?

Good post Shel...

BOSS, we talking about <Managment> or POS?

Dude! I had to look twice about this tread and dang it said something about changing Managment at TF.

Wow, and I thought I had good stuff! :bloomz:

Rosiescenario said:
IMO the failure to investigate claims of fraud on the part of 'members and affiliates' (and do anything about them while profitting mightily as a result of the deception) makes them party to the fraud.

Unless this whole area is cleaned up and enforced with real teeth, then a class action suit on behalf of consumers is just bound to happen and will likely leave the entire industry with a black eye from which we'll all have a tough time recovering.
No doubt....sadly, and well said

mind if I cut and paste the above to send elsewhere?

Shel, flowerSoft is now making it even easier to enter F2F orderss.
Take a look at a new post that will be appearing in the flowerSioft forum in a few minutes.

Bloomz

Bloomz, the real suckers are the ones who keep paying for a web site that gets no orders. By your own logic, you would be better off going with those "free" sites. You know, the ones you habitually claim recieve all the orders anyway.

I know those co-op ads are worthless. Thats why I pay for them just
like you pay for a worthless web site.

Not to willingly use one of those classic FTD lines but "It works for meeeeeee".

As for class action suits. I really don't see where Teleflora can sell a system based upon giving 100% value of the order. With more than ample evidence of such policys stated in written form in their own publications. Only to alter it later without exposing themselfs to a law suit. Unlike FTD under Nortons direction, I really don't see where Mr. Buttler has any desire to lose 10,000 members overnight.

flowerknife+us said:
Bloomz, the real suckers are the ones who keep paying for a web site that gets no orders. By your own logic, you would be better off going with those "free" sites. You know, the ones you habitually claim recieve all the orders anyway.

I keep hanging in there to see where all those orders they are driving to us go. By golly there have been 6 in a month. I *think* there was maybe 1 in February, but their tracking system doesn't work so I can't be sure.

Good thing I am not holding my breath.

I don't however, pay for THEIR advertising. lol

BOSS said:
No doubt....sadly, and well said

mind if I cut and paste the above to send elsewhere?

Not at all. IMO, there's going to be money to be made by a bunch of lawyers when these shenannigans come to light...including but not limited to:
*** Cloaked sites to obfuscate the real sales agent
*** Cloaked orders to florists to obfuscate the real sales agents
*** Contracts negotiated for 'free delivery' when the delivering florist has every right to subtract them from the total dollars received.
*** The presentation of images that have little or no relationship to what will actually be delivered.

Plus the PR nightmare of allowing out-of-North-America companies to sell orders (which will be sent back to the US for fulfillment) by presenting deceptive web pages/info thus sending dollars overseas and depriving states and localities of both sales and income tax.

Added: Plus 'Florist-side' issues like
*** inconsistent membership fees
*** inconsistent rebate deals
*** 'predatory' rebates that actually provide more rebate dollars than comissioned earned on the sales.
*** Alleged withholding of full dollar value on International orders

How anyone can construe this as good for the industry, for consumers or for dues-paying member-florists is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.