Teleflora is changing it's management....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
along with earlier news of the departure of Gregg Cocciara, now news has leaked out, that Mark Nance, has also been released by the ownership of Teleflora!!!
I will not gloat, or mention ANYTHING about telling you changes were coming!!
Mike

Nope Mikey,

Me either...

As "WE" know what we know... good talk'n to you yesterday....

And I did hear from the dude...

Like I said before, it will be an interesting summer:poke:

Not sure

George Simon said:
I see the avatars are gone. :(
Why this is in this thread, but, I imagine they will return George... it took Ryan much time and effort to move the site, most likely everything has not been moved yet...

Eeek ... the avatars are gone ... they aren't supposed to be. Hmm...

I'll investigate.

As for the TF changes ... I'm very sad to see Mark go, but the bets are still on, gentlemen!

Infinite said:
As for the TF changes ... I'm very sad to see Mark go, but the bets are still on, gentlemen!
Yep, and perhaps it won;t be too long before I am the one asking "double or not'n"...

And YES George, I was going thru withdrawls....

Ryan,
You must have more inside info if you are keeping your bets on.
Does anyone know why Mark is gone?
Luc

Luc said:
Ryan,
You must have more inside info if you are keeping your bets on.
Does anyone know why Mark is gone?

Nope, nor is it an issue with me. What I'm interested in seeing is where these changes take the two companies.

Audra

I'm a tellin ya....

it's time for florists to return to rule the "bud" highway, and ANY changes that make this more prolific, are positive changes.
I KNOW for a fact, that TF has lost a large chunk of the florist trade business, and I KNOW, for a fact, that the man, that was percieved as the "bad guy" in the wire service, and the guy that was "percieved" as the good guy in the wire services...are BOTH GONE!!
One made a ton of money off our backs, and one managed to alienate me, and a few other knowledgable florist owners, also off our backs, and to tell you the truth, it now matters to me less than ever, what the wire services do, or say, or "lie" to you about!!
I KNOW for a fact that "the bad guy" TOLD us he was gonna hurt us...and THAT guy's biz made HUGE profits, Made a HUGE turnaround, and made HUGE inroads into global competition..."the good guy", has lost market share, TOLD us that they would NEVER hurt the florist OR compete with him/her, and represented a business now slowly sinking into financial abyss.
BOTH those guys, along with a couple more, ARE NOW GONE...which one would YOU rather be??....which "legacy" would YOU want to leave, when you left, either voluntarily, or otherwise??
Time reveals EVERYTHING...and FLORISTS are the ONLY CONSTANT in this stupid game of risk taking...funny how WE are STILL HERE.
Lead, follow, or get the he*l out of the way...the FLORISTS are coming!!
Mike

Who cares about any of them , they are suits that come of a rack with different fits, as long as they make money for the beloved holders of the share they don't give a flying f**k who gets hurt along the way . As for regards to the floral biz , its just revolting to see how many parasites are set up to have the mom and pop (like me & you)subsidize them. As to Bob , good riddance, you overstayed your welcome and fulfilled your function of getting FTDI back in the black ,irregardless of who your alienated and forced out .

I'd love to know where Mikey & Sunny are getting their numbers and information ...
I really would :)

My inside information tells me That Greg wanted out anyway. It was time for hime ot move on and so was Mark. THey left with no regrets at teleflora.
I would also leave like Bob did If I made a 3 million dollars bonus last year for my retirement. He knew what was happening and he knew his days was numbered.
I am taking stand now for what is right for me and If I have to refuse orders from people to do it, I will. I am tired of being played like a pawn in someones game.
I am now working for the florist first.
Things are still going ot happen in FTD. Just wait and see. My inside sources says you will be side track of what will happen.
As for teleflora, you will see POSITIVE changes that WILL WORK FOR THE FLORIST.
Wait and see...
Luc

Ya know...

It amazes me to no end, how folks align themselves...

As you all know my position both in the past and currently, I hope you will take this for what it is...

We all have "sources" some better than others, and most likely we will never truely know ALL the reasons. One got fired, one resigned, and I could apply all sorts of facts, rumors and inuendos to both, to make the story come out the way I want it to.

With regard to Gregg, it would be, at best, an educated guess, formulated from other peoples perspectives within Teleflora.

With regard to Bob, it's much more accurate and personal.

I have told FTD they need to remain OUT of the fray, and not bother with regards to Gregg, as it makes no difference now. They BOTH have their problems to work out. Now's not the time fopr telling tales.

I will tell you all this, yes there will be some major changes coming, and most likely from both camps...

I know one, that is reaching out, and attempting to find new ways and ideas to move forward into the future for the florists. That said, they will also, always be about profit for the company too, because if they are not, they can;t survive.

Mr. Butler

Told me directly that Telafloras goal was to generate more 100% sales for its members. Direct ship items were all fine and dandy in a competitive world but was not a benifit for the florists.

Has anyone considered the possibility that 10,000 current members with web sites is the reason for their decrease in clearings?

That is a very likely possibility...

But that being the case, do you think they will remain on the sidelines if the clearings continue to decline (thus revenues). Or are they making as much or more with the 3.95 charge per order over the traditional 7%...Hmmmm...maybe...

How long do you think they will watch the decline without doing something about it?

flowerknife+us said:
Told me directly that Telafloras goal was to generate more 100% sales for its members. Direct ship items were all fine and dandy in a competitive world but was not a benifit for the florists.

Has anyone considered the possibility that 10,000 current members with web sites is the reason for their decrease in clearings?

Possibility, but not in my opinion. Their decrease in clearings is that they are processing the orders themselves (flowerclub, sears, tf.com, on and on), and the loss of florist orders they had has a lot to do with losing some very big senders.

They aren't into driving people to Florist websites. You do that on your own, with them as huge competition and very deep pockets. And of those 10,000 there isn't 1% that know how to drive traffic back to themselves.

The ads drive people to tf.com and I would venture a bet that not 1% of consumers use that findaflorist link. They took that page right out of the other dotcon playbook. But hey, it looks good.

I forgot, the coop advertising. right.

Yes TF is driving orders to their florists with TF.com, but for how long... I think this is simply another part of their big picture of testing how many they may be able to gather once they flip the switch...

Maybe not, but I do not think the Resnicks will be happy watching revenues decline, even tho TF was always a write-off for the empire. Too many problems in oter areas, and seeing what FTD has done money wise, must be looming heavy in the front of their minds as a way to re-coup losses.

K....see if you can get Butler to say those 4 little words Cocarri spewed for years "WE WILL NOT COMPETE" and while your at it, see if they'll give up FlowerClub...

Status
Not open for further replies.