TFand FTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit is only not available in the Free-For-All forums.

Ryan

George Simon said:
I guess no one sees flowerSoft as a threat to their $30,000+ systems.

Their mistake. As they put more and more of a stanglehold what you can or cannort do with thier systems they will alienate more and more people that wants the diversity. And they will start running to other systems, oh but guess what? They are starting to limit what other systems can access also, even independent ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned off their dove access to almost outside technologies in the future.

injunction my as-s.....

Teleflora is taking a step backwards, and believe it or not, I think they are correct in doing so.
Whether a company owns, bought, or developed a software to access and interface, it "controls" access to the network, and CAN, and SHOULD!!
there is nothing wrong with "open" platform as FTD has adopted (my choice) and TF is now adopting a "closed" platform, which I do NOT favour, HOWEVER, please remember, that TF cost FTD, and it's members, a BIG pile of money when they challenged access to the Mercury Network, and Teleflora paid a large stipend to FTD for "use" of propriety access to the merc, and "propriety" is the key word.
IF ANYONE writes script to access ANY network, without consent of the network rights holders, they SHOULD and MUST be held accountable.
This is the continuing pissing match saga between FTD and TF, and frankly, I'm sick of it.....and as the "users" of these networks we are too complacent about how we deal with this nonsense!!
Having said all that, I think Teleflora is making a terrible mistake, BUT, at least Teleflora is FINALLY making some bold moves, that MAY or MAY NOT survive the "process" of time, and frankly, it's the FLORISTS that "pay" for this either way, in TF's case.
SO, again I say, buying, leasing, or "borrowing" order platforms form ANY WS needs to be thought through very carefully, and BEFORE jumping on board, look at ALL your options, and expenses of ALL available platforms.
George has stated that FlowerSoft works with both WS's networks, and they BOTH helped him, and FlowerSoft adopt the "scripts" to do so, and THAT'S a BIG PLUS.....FlowerSoft has "permission" to access both, and GOOD FOR FLOWERSOFT...it's the way it "needs" to be done........
Mike

TF vs FTD

This suit is far from over.As Ryan said this has been going on for sometime now. Who knows maybe in time the only technology you will be able to use will be theirs. After all they can make their own rules, its just a matter of who wants to play by them. By doing so the smaller wire-services can't but benfit from thier stupidity. Hell FSI is growing daily according to the management.3000 members and at a choice of below 80.00 for 2 different levels it doesnt sound so bad. If I was still in retailing I would consider it 100%. From a MAS standpoint this has no effect on us whatso ever as TF has already made their decissions about us. George they are more afraid of our 15k system MINIMAS as is FTD and yes it is good for florists that you have a nice relationship with both. Oh well lets see what the final decission will be in maybe 6 months , who knows how long this will drag on. In the meantime I hope everyone is getten ready for the holidays as they are just around the corner... Have a good one
Hal

But Mikey I think this has less to do with Dove and more to do with FTD doing things to make their CC work on the Teleflora systems. And I think it is a BAD move. All of the sudden you have florists that want to switch to another CC clearing Co. and then you find out that if you do your POS system will no longer be able to clear CC for you . That you have to go to another machine type the code in get the Auth# and then go back to the computer and imput the number in. If this is what they are going for then that is crazy. If they want to restrict access to their Dove network then that is their choice. But to tell me I cannot use another CC provider on the computer system I bought is crazy and I can see it eventually backfiring on them.

Granted....

again, the "open platform" allows the vendor (florist) to choose with whom he/she wishes to send/recieve through, and clear cc's through, and don't forget, MANY florists are TF, but clear through FTD or a local bank/financial institution, so, as you stated, time will tell, but, my opinion, it's NOT a leap of faith that the "closed" option will prevail.
Give TF credit though, for giving it "a shot"....
Mike

I am just guessing here but my gut feeling is if the RTI user took teleflora to court themselves that the users probably would win. As telling the owners of the equipment who they can clear cc cards though may be to restective?

they wish

steve said:
I am just guessing here but my gut feeling is if the RTI user took teleflora to court themselves that the users probably would win. As telling the owners of the equipment who they can clear cc cards though may be to restective?
TF always likes a good lawsuit. I agree Steve but egos and deep pockets prevail in this one. too bad the users won't get together and hire someone to represent them

Ryan....

why has teleflora's email suffix address changed to a different url??
"Special Offers@MyTeleflora" [email protected]

About CheetahMail
CheetahMail, Inc, an email marketing and customer intelligence solutions firm, serves over 140 category-leading clients in many industries including retail, technology, financial, entertainment, B2B and not-for-profit. CheetahMail's technology and service offerings are designed for companies that want to increase their brand equity through customer retention and acquisition management. A profitable and privately held firm, CheetahMail is located in New York City and Long Beach, California and was founded in 1998. CheetahMail's UK subsidiary CheetahMail UK is located in Surrey, England.

About Experian
Experian® is a global leader in providing information solutions to organizations and consumers. It helps organizations find, develop and manage profitable customer relationships by providing information, decision-making solutions and processing services. It empowers consumers to understand, manage and protect their personal information and assets. Experian works with more than 40,000 clients across diverse industries, including financial services, telecommunications, health care, insurance, retail and catalog, automotive, manufacturing, leisure, utilities, property, e-commerce and government. Experian is a subsidiary of GUS plc and has headquarters in Nottingham, UK, and Costa Mesa, Calif. Its 13,000 people support clients in more than 60 countries. Annual sales exceed $2.2 billion. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.experian.com.

Mike

Just a guess:

Teleflora offers automated email marketing for member shops. All data is passed directly to a third party, so TF never sees it. Teleflora develops the ads, the shop provides the data, and the marketing firm merges the two and distributes advertising. As such, it makes sense that they might also use that firm to advertise to members.

I don't know if this is the firm they use - I'm just putting 2 + 2 together and trying not to get 5 :)

Ryan

This was an email I just recieved from FTD...

FTD WINS LEGAL BATTLE FOR CHOICE AGAINST TELEFLORA
FTD's Win Allows Licensed RTI Users To Clear Credit Cards With FTD
And Allows FTD Users To Transfer Data From Dove Into Their FTD Systems

Downers Grove, IL. (August 23, 2004) - Florists' Transworld Delivery, Inc. ("FTD") announced today that on August 18, 2004, a Federal District Court in California issued orders which support FTD's efforts to provide choice for local retail florists and has blocked Teleflora's attempt to prevent FTD from supporting florists' right to choose between FTD and Teleflora technology.

"FTD believes in choice for our customers when it comes to every aspect of their business," said Michael Soenen, chief executive officer, FTD, Inc. "The Court's ruling is a tremendous win for retail florists who desire to do business with multiple wire services."

Please go to http://www.ftdi.com/pressroom/082304.htm to view the press release.

So here we Go !!

Let the excitement begin !! This can only be a good thing for the retail florists. What will happen next. They can still pick and choose their members. Just curious anyone think the wire services will tell members we don't need you. Sounds kind of rediculous, but then again so did the whole cc situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.