TF's Deceptive Delivery Charge "Increase"

kt4ye

Oct 15, 2007
Charlotte
www.flowerhut.com
State / Prov
NC
For many years, TF members have been complaining about TF's $7 delivery fee (net ~ $5) that is INCLUDED in every Headquarters Order. It is simply insufficient.

So, I was delighted to receive e-mail notification that TF has finally increased the delivery allotment from $7 to $10. And, since I feature TF's products on my own website, I naturally wanted to change my website's prices to include the new (presumed) $3 price increase.

Unfortunately, when I went to TF's website and to their My Teleflora member site, I learned thet what Teleflora has DONE is entirely different.

All they have done is changed the ALLOCATION of money WHILE KEEPING THE RECOMMENDED PRICE THE SAME!

Here are some examples:
  • TF's Hugs & Kisses TFWEB626 HAD a Price of $34.95 including $7 for Delivery. NOW it has a Price of $34.95 including $10 for delivery
  • TF's Baby's First Wagon TF47-6 HAD a Price of $49.95 including $7 for delivery. NOW it has a Price of $49.95 including $10 for delivery!
  • TF's Garden In Glass TFWEB190 HAD a price of $39.95 including $7 for delivery. NOW it has a price of $39.95 including $10 for delivery.
Deceptive? Shameful? Unethical? Indicative of the idea that TF considers its membership to be STUPID?

You betcha!

All the best,

Bill

And they wonder why we're running away? More deception for the customer and less profit for us...I give up...i'm out and so very sorry I waited so long..working with FSN where I can, credit card with friends who are my favorites and/or not members. Wires service free as of April and loving it!!

Reactions: KABERS
Get your own website, charge what you need and you won't have no problem.
No more headaches after.
I have my own, I charge what I need for said teleflora items. they have to meet my price or I dont fill the order. it's that simple.

We are not a member of any wire service, but they have approached us many times to join. It is hard for us to understand how a shop can make any money with them unless you are producing hundreds of their products each month. Even then, the profits seem extremely thin. Perhaps it is not the same with other shops, but we enjoy our margins way too much to give them away to a company that makes pictures of flowers and sells keepsakes at retail prices.

We have been wire free since Sept 2011......after 37 loyal years to FTD. Finally made a profit after 3 years of losses. In answer to the EURO Florist, the more you fill , the less you make. For example:
THE PERFECT FLOWER SHOP

SALES: $600,000.00
C/G/S -200,000.00
GROSS PROFIT $400,000.00

LABOR $180,000.00
ALL OTHER EXPENSES: $160,000.00

NET PROFIT; $60,000.00 { GREAT JOB 10% PROFIT}
NOW: ASSUME 50% OF YOUR SALES ARE WIRE IN'S

50% OF $600,000.00 EQUALS $300,000.00. THE WIRE SERVICES TAKE OVER 30% OF EACH ORDER BEFORE ALL THERE OTHER FEES. THUS, AT A MINIMUM, THE PERFECT FLOWERS SHOP , GIVES UP 30% TIMES 300,000.00 OR $90,000.00. THE $60,000.00 PROFIT BECOMES A $30,000.00 LOSS !!! and the PERFECT FLOWER SHOP WITH perfect cost of goods sold {33%}, and perfect labor{incuding the owner's salary} { 30%} and perfect overhead {27%} still loses money !! It does not matter whether you fill $39.99 orders or $139.00 orders......you will always lose money filling wire orders. Many florists opt to cheat, kite , curtail etc to make up the 40-50% discounts on each wire in order. They should be in jail ! NO better than a common criminal....white collar crime. Wire services have turned some of the most hard working men and women into common thieves.....what a travesty......STOP THE MADNESS !!
Paul at Jacques

Paul how do you send your outgoing orders, this is my issue of being wire free
calling out every order is not something i really want to do but might become necessary

Finding a florist you can trust, then convincing them that it's OK to take a credit card order from another florist without taking an extra 5 minutes to check with the manager is an issue for me too. I've looked at other organizations, but coverage I can trust is a concern too. Don't misunderstand, I would like to be WS free also. We send out about 3 times more than we receive, and I want to be sure it's a smart move. Holidays would be particularly difficult.

I have started using FSN for calling out, mostly for ease as my POS Has a direct interface. I decided on the 90/10 split to see how it goes..lots of positive feedback from customers..I still use the florists I have a relationship with, where possible, and other areas, that my friends are not with FSN, i us a credit card direct..easy accounting, same cc. My only one concern is coverage. I find that some florists are covering a very large area and I question weather they actually deliver to every area stated. It is my responsibility to get the job done, so knave taken to checking milage for the areas I am not familiar with! On the whole, I am pleased, but again it is not holiday time. The only holidays I have used this for is Secretarie's Day and mother's day...Christmas will be a good test..lots of corporate lists !

Dear Kenyon Floral,
We use FASNET, a service of Floral Accounting systems{ FAS}. It uses the Independent Florists Network. Basically, we transit our outgoing wire orders to FASNET over the internet { just like we did for FTD}, they transmit the order over the internet if the florist has the FAS software , they transmit by fax if they do not have the software, and finally they call the florist if option 1 or 2 is not available. They charge me .25 for electronically or fax orders and $1.00 if they call out the order. I PAY NO MONTHLY fees or dues or anything. The only problem I have is matching up my cc# statement to the outgoing wire report. Some florists charge me sales tax { ouch }, some florists have different legal names {d b a"s}, some florists charge me twice. However, this is a small price to pay for not having a monthly wire service bill, or worse, filling an order for an order gatherer/wire service that are trying to take away your local customer. Unfortunately, they are succeeding at their game, and it will only stop when the florists of America just say " NO " ! Good luck in your business and I HOPE you too can become wire free.

PAUL

I too use FAS, but I find the florist on the IFA list then call it out manually. I have gotten much better results talking person to person rather than letting them get it off of "THE MACHINE" I also like to know how much of the order is going into delivery fee and to make sure that expectations are in line with the price.

There is far too much corruption, burnout, hopelessness and flat out exhaustion in the wire system for me to trust it anymore

Reactions: BobbiR and KABERS