The City of Hamilton....is JAMMED SOLID...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
with people from all over the world taking in one of the largest world class events, rated AHEAD of the Super Bowl!!
Hamilton 2003 Road World Cycling Championships, has this city in a fever, not seen here for a long time, and you should see all the countries' flags represented here!!
The weather is FABULOUS for ROAD RACES, as challenging as these, and MOST out of town, out of country attendees, just love what they're seeing and hearing from the "locals".
Staging this event has had it's moments, and any time there is traffic gridlock in ANY metro area, there is BOUND to be a few "complainers", but, all in all, this is ONE GREAT EVENT.
The road courses are JAMMED with people, media crews, and ambassadors from EVERYWHERE in the world.
This event has HUGE precidence over local programming, especially in Europe, and "the fever" is approaching as the "finals" create new world champions.
www.hamilton2003.com
Mike:)

And they didn't want it at first...:rolleyes:

It's a wonderful accomplishment for the city and surrounding area Mike...hope you get to see some of it! World class event for a world class area. :)

V

Take a "CLOSE" look at the flower presentation bouquets...

they ALL come from "ITAL FLORIST" in Toronto!!
I MUST congratulate Italo on this "coupe"...I'd like to know how he pulled THIS ONE off??
Mike

MMMMM good question. It's too bad Hamilton area Florists missed out on this.

I think I have a idea on it, Ital's are the Florist for Canoe.ca if I remember correctly and Canoe is one of the Sponsors so add those two things together, and I think that's his tie in.

His shop name is BIG enough on the flowers.

It is always a good idea to have this kind of Event held in any town. When we are having our Quonta Theatre Event in March, we will not see that many people, but we will still have fun.
As for ITALO, I would question the commitee on how they selected the participating florist since there is many florist in Hamilton that are as good as ITALO.
My thoughts and probably wrong is that arrangement was made to have FTD to sponsor those, and since ITALO is a preffered Vendor they gave it to him. Don't forget he has other ties with FTD.
A wicked mind I have....
Luc
P.S. I am curious on how the process was made and made some inquiry with the city of hamilton and I hope to get a answer later next week. This may help all of us in future bidding or planning a event like this.

The London Summer Games committee handled the flower issue in a fair and equitable fashion. Rose-a-lea Gardens donated the flowers and area shops were invited to donate a designer for an afternoon to make up the bouquets at the greenhouses in Mt. Brydges. Those of us who participated were mentioned in programmes etc. It was fun and of course I loved being able to have the choice.

V

It's always fun when you get the opportunity to showcase what you can do. We've been fortunate to be able to work on a few similar projects - the Briar, etc - and have always found it quite rewarding.

Audra

Status
Not open for further replies.