theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
http://www.marketingwords.com/blog/?p=269

But just how believable are consumer reviews? According to Deloitte & Touche USA, “Consumer Survey: Market Transparency” as reported by eMarketer, a mind blowing 99% of Internet consumers find consumer-generated online reviews to be credible.

Are you using consumer-generated reviews on your site? If you operate a services-based website, do you include links to reviews from Yahoo! Local or other client testimonial?

Another benefit of including reviews on your product pages is that it adds unique content to a page that may have stock text in the product description.

Ryan

Reactions: mikec
Ryan, does F20 already have these links? Also, gotta let you and Jim know, that "our" website is already listed in the google ten pack. My heart soars like an eagle... Many thanks to you and Jim.

Mike

Ryan that was a good find..I made a post to it a well...what we have found is that we are getting orders based on our reviews...it works..in the same regard, when we find a florist we add a review for excellant service as well...This week I called Mikey's shop for a refferal to Markham Ont...after having a horrible experience with two other shops in that town, Mikeys recommended Ted Clarkes...one call to the shop and a great conversation with Amy made the whole process awesome. I had a difficult order, customer checked in under another family name etc...for a funeral service.My client wanted flowers delivered to the hotel....two florists said "well, we could get it there tomorow"...WTH is with that!...anyway this young lady's only response was..." I'll make it happen"...Ted Clarkes is doing things the right way! They get a review.
Each of us should ask for reviews.."If you like what we did, google us and write a review...if you don't like what we did, call me and let me make it right" is what we say to anyone who calls with a special floral need...it seems to work.
I disagree that blog don't work tho..we get very positive response from our blog...and it gets indexed before the ink dries!
Thanks for the post
Sher

reviews are a huge part of our success, we are always in the google local 10 box , even for towns I don't service....I believe it is because of reviews, we have over 45 reviews compared to most other florists in our area have zero! (except for the fabulous Rothe Florists, and a few others who have nice reviews too)

I can't tell you how many choose us over the other 9 other local box florists because of our reviews alone! Most of our internet orders come from the google local 10 box, I love it!

Ryan, I havn't gotten any reviews on products on my site just yet, does that also help to have reviews on my product pages, or are google, yahoo, etc reviews more important to go after?

Adam,

There are benefits to product reviews and off-site business reviews. Google Maps is an example of where customers can leave reviews about your business. On your site, customers can leave reviews about specific products. Both are helpful in different ways.

Sher,

I agree about the blogs issue - but I think that their is a distinction between a small business blog and a corporate blog. Small businesses tend to be more personal, so it comes across as a conversation, not a press release.

Mike,

Your F20 site has the ability to feature product reviews. I also suggest asking customers to review your business as part of your thank you or follow up emails.

Ryan

Reactions: mikec
Ryan, I saw a way to scan written thankyous and add them to your site, a personalized hand written review. Can that be added to the strider sites? I thought it would be a nice addition to wedding pages.

Ryan, I saw a way to scan written thankyous and add them to your site, a personalized hand written review. Can that be added to the strider sites? I thought it would be a nice addition to wedding pages.
Absolutely - you can add those to your Info Pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.