Timed FYF orders

BloomingFlorida

Apr 12, 2009
Gulfport
State / Prov
Florida
At this point, I can't go into any great details, but....

If you are a Bloomnet florist, and have been sent an order from from you flowers with any request for a specific time (AM, 1pm, etc.). Please contact me through a PM. If you have been charged back $4.99 from FYF for not delivering an order by a specific time on the delivery date, definitely contact me.

Thanks -
Kirk

Why would you even accept a FYF order?? Scammers, skimmers, and dishonest order gatherer...nuff said.

Kirk, as you know I don't do wire orders, but I'm curious. Was the original order received with the time request? Also, was the charge back of $4.99 30 days later?

Just curious.

Bringing this back up. (Thank for the call Kirk)...(BTW you need a meaner profile pic ;) )

Anyone that has had this happen to them, please forward the info to either Kirk or myself... I promise anonymity for the time being (unless it actually goes somewhere where we need support, then it will be your choice to proceed).

This has the potential to be a big deal... Thanks for your consideration.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I can't understand how can a wire service charge extra on a delivery that was not confirmed by a certain time.
Not every florist deliver in the morning, Not every florist can confirm by the time if they are busy in the store.
Is this a new way for the wire service to make money.
I am glad I can say NO to all of those people.
Luc

FYF and JF etc have been charging an extra fee for same day delivery/by noon delivery for at least 3 years (i discovered it three years ago). Naturally, they don't pass that on to filling florists because we don't demand it.

TF got in on the delivery by noon game earlier this year, but they seemed to creep back away from it after it got some groans from their fillers. At one point, TF was requesting "delivery by noon" on at least a third of the orders that came over my dove, but they only sent $7 for delivery. They were charging consumers $10 extra for the service.

I see TF are back to charging consumer $10 for deliveries required before 1pm and that includes for on-line orders with a delivery date of Sat 12th May (as of 04/10). They're all ready hard at ensuring delivery dis-satisfaction occurs.

You folks are all right... and yes, the wires (not just TF) are ensuring consumer dis-satisfaction (which will be blamed on the florists), but the bigger picture is they are lying to the consumer, and ripping off the florists that fill their orders. Yes they include $7 -27% for delivery...big whoopie... even the $7 in real dollars is less than I charge, and it's less than the actual cost of a delivery in gas hungry 2012.

Why florists fill these orders, and put up with this is beyond me. Why would you let them collect an extra $10 ($20.99 at Valentines) and not demand they give it to you???

Agree it is utterly ridiculous the way the split is made and TF wanted to charge UD$31.99 for morning delivery on Sat 12th May along with their consumer service fee, if ordered today. In the process, TF keep US$26.88 (or more) of that charge...shame the consumer is unaware of that. Worse, the florists accepting that split. Even worse than that, those florists not knowing that that is what is charged and they get but $5.11 (or less).

What it also shows is that some consumers are willing to pay such fees and florists are leaving money on the table for the WS to scoop up.

Reactions: autj
The real shame is florists accept those orders and let Teleflora get away with it. No wonder some consumers think sending flowers is expensive... It is when they use a national company.

The more florists fill these orders, the more consumers will be turned off to flowers as a gift.