Tips on Increasing Online Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

floristsnearyou

Feb 7, 2006
Brampton
State / Prov
Ontario
Listed below are some tips I thought were helpful to increase online conversions.

The tips are from this link in the Ecommerce section of Webmasterworld:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum22/4525.htm
(Please note, you may need to create a (free) login to read the whole thread.)

While the discussion does not pertain only to the florist industry, much of the discussion applies.

Tips to Increase Online Conversions

• If you don't have one an 800 number, add one, it will increase your sales 30% plus.

• Incease the size of your "buy" button to a size you are uncomfortable with in your layout and make it a color that sticks out "red". Believe it or not this can add 1% - 5% in your sales.

• Offer an enlargement photo/s of the product, and make it/them BIG.

• Develop a good succinct list of FAQs from the inquiries you get from your new #800 and otherwise.

• Don't innundate your viewer with too much content on the product pages.

• Give the customer a sense that you're a real company with real people. Photos of people using your products and or photos of customer service, staff, packers, etc.

• Don’t just get a toll-free number, but make sure the placement of that number on your site is prominent and consistent.

• Define your return policy.

• Don’t make people type their e-mail address twice.

• Give customers the opportunity to copy their shipping info to their billing info if they are identical.

• Provide a “sale” or “clearance” section to attract the budget-conscious shoppers.

• Your customers should not have to search for something for more that 3-5 seconds. Ensure that all of your action buttons are easy to see and jump out to the customer.

• If you don’t sell an item, remove it from your site.

Anyone care to add some of their own tips?

Yes, thanks !!!

I'm glad that I have accomplished at least a few of them already....

Having had a discussion with another FC Member last week regarding *offering too many choices* I'm wondering what folks think is the ball park number of designs per catagory...

I know in my case, some catagories have 4-5 pages (10/page) and others have only 1-2. The ones with 1-2 pages generate as good as or better results than the others, as folks tend to order off the first page or two anyway. I wonder if this is besause we focus our best stuff on page 1 or 2? And for those of us that still show WS images on parts of our sites, those catagories generally have more content than our own design areas.

One thing I have noticed, having the ability to show pics that enlarge with a mouse-over, is that you have to use better images from the beginnng...lots of things that do not show up in a 2x2 image on the screen really scream *FIX ME* when they get enlarged to 6x6"....

Status
Not open for further replies.