Turning the Tables on the WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new to this sight. It is wonderful to read other owners experiences.
I bought my shop 3 years ago. It had a WS. We ran the numbers on the shop with
it and it was taking the shop down. We desided not to go with it, and do our own
website. You can buy flowers on-line locally and it goes to our paypal account.
It would be great if there was a website with all the phone numbers of floral shops that want to the 80/20. We should be able do this with out WS. You can look at my website at akfloral.com

There's a list of some HERE

I thought I had added my shop to this list, but I don't see it listed. How would I go about doing so??..thanks!!
Lately, I have been trying to send my outgoing orders to florists on fc and have been going to the fc member list and looking for names in the city I am sending to. Is there an easier way????

My guess is that you will be ftd free.......they would be nuts to meet those demands...im sure there are other shops in columbus that would fill their orders...good try though.

Totally agree. FTD would never agree to 1/3 of them, let alone ALL of them.

Just for the record.........I for one, never agreed to sell FTDA...just as i never voted for bush....Regardless, i have to suffer.

Us too about FTDA...just as I never voted for Obama...Regardless, I have to suffer.

- H.

getting "back" to turning the tides, there is NOW less of a case for the "value" of having a wire service in shop anymore.....I was kind of wondering, what it would be like, or even "possible, for ONE shop to have a wire service, and help service multiple florist shops....
We currently send on behalf of more than one shop, and it seems to work!!
The incoming is an "issue", or course, and we are able to still cover all our incoming costs, at present, BUT, as a "stand alone" service, in each and every shop, the future is dim, and declining for the current wire services, and we have a growing number of shops contacting us directly, and through our websites....pretty interesting!!

Us too about FTDA...just as I never voted for Obama...Regardless, I have to suffer.

- H.

Like we did for 8 years and our grandchildren will after the Dumbo/Satan crime cartel reign? :dunno:

I promised you an update, so here it is. Forever more, May Day will have a special meaning to me - the day we became FTD free! Only problem is I don't think the word has gotten around in FTD-land. I've received orders for delivery after today, web updates, announcements, product offers and more. I expect the paper directory to show up any time. The only thing I haven't seen is my Rep. I half expected them to come back at the last minute with some concessions (see my list of demands - first post on this thread), but they didn't. Still, it feels good not to be under their thumb. And I'm not a bit sorry we left. FTD may come back with an offer after a while. When (if) they do, I'll post again.

I don't know about turning the tables... but...

I too sent FTD an email, since I am now the single (only) FTD shop in town, I felt I should qualify for "small town" status, or at the least "single member town" something or the other, and that the QA fee's (since I obviously have fine quality) shoud go away along with the FTD University fee, and that my mercury expense should be $29.95.

After 5 days of no response, I emailed again, to which I got a reply stating, "just because everyone else quit, does not automatically mean your fees will be reduced" "your request has been forwarded to the Regional VP (Amanda) for review. To which I replied, "Thank you for letting me know before next week". Fair enough, if they want to play that way... it's my sand box.

So, FTD and FTD.CoN effective today, I will be holding you to my codifications (MO65.00)(Del 9.95) for you mathematicaly challenged folks at HQ, that comes to $74.95 for ya'll. (So far today, 3 orders all below $40, nope, sorry, snooze ya lose).

Regular florist orders accepted at any amount! (well, within reason)

Hello, I am new to this sight. It is wonderful to read other owners experiences.
I bought my shop 3 years ago. It had a WS. We ran the numbers on the shop with
it and it was taking the shop down. We desided not to go with it, and do our own
website. You can buy flowers on-line locally and it goes to our paypal account.
It would be great if there was a website with all the phone numbers of floral shops that want to the 80/20. We should be able do this with out WS. You can look at my website at akfloral.com

Rather than get all political and off topic, check out AKfloral's website!
Seriously, its really really good!!

Thank you for the post. I worked with web-designer in my area and she is wonderful. It cost me about $2500.00 to set it up. We use godaddy for the domain and paypal that goes in to my bank account. It works great. I don't get alot of orders but I do have a few guy in Iraq who order every month. It has been proven to be a very useful tool.
Even if they don't order they call the shop and use the ideas off my website.
I wish there is a way to link the shops like the WS but with out all the fee's with the 80/20 split. If only I had the time. In stead I use the old WS service directiory to call the shops number to place my outgoing orders. Shhhhh (don't tell) :) I have a few elderly that are on fixed incomes and I give the shops number to call direct and save them money. They really love that. I really don't lose they use me for all there local services. A little way of giving back.
Cindy

Reactions: BOSS
Status
Not open for further replies.