United Online To Spin FTD Unit; Mulls Sale Of Other Assets

Don't quit your day Job John, you are not a poet!

Maybe they will cloak themselves under a different name so comsumer don't know who they are ordering from.

This was an interesting post by investorplace.com

The bad news, of course, is that United Online’s leftovers will not be nearly as attractive. After all, landline Internet is hardly a growth industry right now. Unlike Kraft or Conoco, what’s left over at United isn’t very encouraging for investors.

But as for FTD, this move could liberate it from bureaucracy and help it grow. And if NetZero and Classmates.com crash and burn … well, FTD shareholders will be protected from the carnage.

I would caution against investing immediately in United Online in anticipation of the spin-off, because as I said, a stake in those other media and communications businesses doesn’t seem wise. If you get in before the company splits up, you’ll be stuck with some of both.

If you like FTD, wait until it’s standing alone. The earnings and revenue performance in past reports, when broken out separately from United Online’s other operations, are indeed encouraging. But I like to wait and get a few legitimate quarterly reports before I pass judgement on any newly minted stock.

No exactly a ringing endorsement for UNTD

Just a casual observer.

You want to what bothers me the most about this newest in a long line of public and private switches to the entity the florists gave away? It's that every time they do one these switches many people make millions in fees and stock options. Meanwhile the stupid gullible florists keeps filling at a loss for them. The florists who fill their orders are enabling the whole screw job. How could the investor community not look at them and think that FTD has some control over them?
Any ideas how to smack silly florists? FFC is truly trying!

Reactions: KABERS and autj
Hmmm... I've been smacking silly florists for a long time... and I have not given up yet.... Many *claim* they want to change, but many can't for various reasons.

One thing, that could be interesting, in light of the focus on FTD's possible moves right now would be to do a PR expose' so to speak on PRWeb and elsewhere, maybe with a title of "Florists boycott FTD" (since some are simply by dropping the service) or "FTD stinks up the Flower Industry" perhaps... since they do... and lay the whole shebang out there for the world to see. Maybe a note to the writer at Investorplace???

Not a bad idea maybe a guest login and a link to the relevant threads?

something to alert them that all is not rosey in flowerland?

Make it so #1

with of coarse Ryan being the leader :)

This doesn't bother me at all....I've gotten some GREAT clients over FTD/UNTD's screwups, even with a spinoff......My Canadian FTD folks are family, we bleed the same, and endure the same.....