Article Valentine - Free this and Free that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
I have been wondering a few things about this year valentine.
I was able to figure that my only competitor in my town have ordered quite less then last year. That is the owner a new one who at Christmas ran out of flowers dec. 21. because of lack of space and ordering experience that I have. I however did not cut back my valentine order and increase my rose order but now I am wondering if I should increase a little bit more to be on a safe side. One of the reason is that we wont be able to get roses again until Thursday of the follwoing week because of the holiday and the delivery being pushed back by a day. I am thinking to be on a safe side in case of funeral I should increase my roses a little bit more. I want to be able to beat the competition on service just like I did at Christmas when I had stock to continue to fill orders till the 24th and behond until our next truck order.

Second, Why do you as a shop offer free delivery to people to order in advance for del on thursday or Friday instead of just offering that service and tell them why they should consider this. In all of my years in business I never offer a discount on an item that I know will sell! Is it that I am more confident to do the business or is it because you have more competition that I have and I can go the way I am going. I think most male really do not look for sales, they just pop in and orders roses, pay the price and leaves and it is a relief that we are going to take care of their order. We cry because the wire service is giving us low ball orders, or not enough for delivery etc and the first think we do because Valentine is on a Sat, we panick and discount delivery or product price. I just don't understand the mentality anymore of some of our flowerchat members.

I wish that valentine weekend will be a great one for all and I have attached an article sent to me by one of my supplier about increasing your weekend holiday sales. By the way, I am not offering a discount on delivery on Thurs or Friday like the article said. My roses price will be $4.50 and my competitor will probably have to go to $5.00 or over from what she paid on roses. By advantage is my weekly buying and looking and negotiation on price with my supplier.

Luc

Attachments

• fmjan09vd.pdf
    189.9 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Sher
Luc:
We will offer a free delivery for flowers delivered on Wed/Thursday of VD week. We will offer an added Free Mylar for deliveries made on Monday/Tuesday.

The idea is to move the product out as early as possible, and to reward the early buyers.

It helps to lessen our delivery load on 2/13 & 2/14, which can be a very large # -- many going to offices with early quitting times on 2/13.
Yes, I will give up a few $$ -- but it will make it easier on us in the long run, with fewer complaints.

Early incentives also help me to sell more products.....and thats a good thing.

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.