Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
THere is talk around that FTD charges for orders that we cancel on the mercury.
So does Teleflora do the same? Does anyone knows???
Luc

Yes, with both services, the shop that initiates the CAN / REJ / REF pays for the lost transfer fee.

TF does have a provision for REF for good reason, but it's up to you to apply.

What I find interesting about this policy of charging for the transfer fee is that both ws are promoting, encouraging using the tech and yet both companies charge you to use it. I don't just mean the monthly service fee I'm talking about the .75 for each transmission and yet they do not charge you if you make that same transaction by phone. Seems to me that they have this backwards. I had a conversation with someone at FTD the other day. They were asking me about my opinions on several issues in regards to the services offered. One of the topics was why do I think that so many shops still do all of their transactions by phone and he was comparing TF and FTD as part of the equations. I told him that it was pretty obvious, they don't get charged the .75

I do all of my orders on the system, the only time I call is when the only shop available in the recieving town is not online. I would think that the WS would do everything they could to encourage this, not penalize you for doing it.

Jim

Would be interesting if they started charging $.75 for every reported phone order - as a processing fee.

Maybe waive the Dove / Merc fee, and charge phone orders instead? FTD did this with Interflora a few years ago. Retrans buggered up so many of our orders that we started sending everything by fax or email straight to the filling country's Interflora office. Then, FTD got so fed up with the paperwork, the admin fee on direct orders went sky high, forcing Merc use.

Always wondered why the wire services feel the need to up the monthly fee because of all of the new members they have on the system because the more people using the system the more .75 cent chages that they get. But then again I don't know what all goes into operating a closed network like that.

Keep in mind...most of those "New" members, were signed for a period of time FREE....

Bites my ***... I have been lobying for "pairity" in the membership, whereby everyone pays the same rate, with exceptions for small ONE member towns...not get'n very far...

Also, one would think, that those orders, reported on the phone should incur some type of charge GREATER than the .75, since they require more "hands on" work to track/pay...

The system as it is today, is backwards...folks using technology are being penalized....

Don't look for the $.75 CASH COW to go away anytime soon either...once ya start charging for something, its hard to go back the other way....

The days of traditional WSs are numbered...we have all seen the number of incoming orders dropping, along with the number of outgoings for the majority of members...all the while 100% consumer direct sales have been increasing....

The "BIG2" need to realize, they need us more than we need them, and work accordingly to keep quality in the membership.

There are other options available today, that were not available only a couple years ago...and there will be other options that will present themselves over the next 7 months, that nobody has thought of, that will offer an even better deal, for those that want orders to fill....

Remember, I said it, and ya heard it here first....

The "options" are here NOW!!...

just getting other florists to understand them is the problem.
MOST shops are technically inept (meaning more than 51%) and THIS is what keeps the WS's happy...stupid hard working, loyal to the bone, florists!!
It WILL be the day of reckoning..and you heard it here SECOND!!
Mike;)

By the way, I PAY 35 cents to SEND a MAS Direct order, the receiving shop pays nothing. When I can see who filled it, when it went out on delivery, when the truck returned, and all the other stuff connected with my order, all in MY system, I'm glad to pay for it.

Just a newer better way of doing it? Not bassackward like THEY have it?

Originally posted by bloomz
By the way, I PAY 35 cents to SEND a MAS Direct order, the receiving shop pays nothing. When I can see who filled it, when it went out on delivery, when the truck returned, and all the other stuff connected with my order, all in MY system, I'm glad to pay for it.

Just a newer better way of doing it? Not bassackward like THEY have it?

How many MAS users are out there for you to send to? How many do you expect to have, with a system that costs $30k+?

There's 14 now, most in major cities, and more expected this year since they have decided to go for it and start selling it. I wuz #10, and love getting in on the ground floor. :D

From what I hear of the system, it would be worth checking out .... but not at that price tag.

I think I'll wait for a bit for the price to drop :)

It isn't as high as you may have heard - the MAS Jr comes in about the same price as a new Daisy or Advantage, Cheaper than RTI, more features than all the rest combined.

I was pleasantly surprised when I looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.