Well it's almost ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is usflowerhaus?

I don't understand. Is this site for florist's or the general public?
Could not find another post with the details. If this is for florists
to use will you give specific details? How does it work?
Thank You!

Ok perhaps I should explain a bit to those unfamiliar with my OSS FlowerCart project...

The FlowerHaus is my B&M flower business in Indialantic, FL. I developed a Open Source "Flower Cart" program (that's what you see actually running our website), and soon the *template* of this cart will be available for FREE for anyone to download and install on your hosting companies servers.

In other words, you (or anyone) will be able to have a full-featured cart for nothing, and will be able to host your OWN PERSONALIZED web site for under $7/month.

If your having a problem understanding some of this "techie" terminology, please PM me or email.

You don't have to answer my questions :p

I know you are way busy and this is still in Alpha. but two things:

1. When CC # is valid, have it say, Invalid CC #. Right now, it just says there is something wrong. Subtle, but remember people are dumb. *points to the top 40 radio station*

2. Write a script that emails you this info if someone is in the Shopping cart and leaves:

A. All the account info, from Name to Email.
B. At which point they left
C. And what they had in their cart

With this info, you can help re-capture customers with a % discount offer later on in a direct mailer to those who exited out. We just started doing this at Epic.

Or I came up with this: You could even have an email sent direct to them offering them 15% off or whatever when they exit. That way when they have started to browse on PF website, they get an email, with a discount that pulls them back over.

Hey Dazeal, of COURSE I'll answer your question...it's just that today Mr. Big Shot OS coder spent 11 hours battling crazed Christmas traffic delivering 30 some odd orders in a jalopy of a wagon that I lovingly call the "Unibomber Van"...what a piece of junk, but let me tell you that beast has paid for itself about 10 times over.

Someday I'll post a photo of it...maybe we can start a gallery and you can show your hole-y sock and I'll show my van (without the fertilizer load, of course)...

Now, on to your questions...

1. I really didn't want to post a link to the admin area right during Christmas...we actually captured about 6 orders with that thing, and it didn't think it the right time to have random people messing with the store configuration. Also, the next release is gonna have built in AJAX admin, which is SO awesome I want to wait and integrate it before everyone (anyone??) considers using this cart.

2. There is literally thousands of add-ons for this thing, as some of you are aware. I see my job more as an "integrator" and "simplfyer" than as anything else (although I have already radically altered the database and re-coded some offending PHP). The things you are asking for are all available.

3. The CC has NOT been tested on my local machine, so I haven't really played with it at all (WinXP burps on sendmail, the standard *nix mailer). The really aggravating thing (and something that I have forgotten and re-learned about 4 times in my life) is the way Windows and *nux handle cases. Windows isn't case sensitive, but Linux is, so *a lot* of the "local" development I did here on my WinXP box failed miserably when I uploaded the shebang to our servers...

12BucksFor2Dozon said:
No FLASH yet, but that will be easy enough to add...in fact the project I branched from has a strict "no JavaScript/no Flash" mantra

Just curious ... that's a quick switch from "No JS" to I'm adding AJAX.

Why the change of heart?

Mark...

Looks good so far....and thanks for the link to Floristdetective but I get an error message that it's not found on this server from your site...

Just an FYI....thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.