Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa

Aug 30, 2006
Amanda
www.bloomingflowers.net
State / Prov
OH
Just had this happen...inserted wood picks with lily grass at an angle into an oasis block, on top of an eiffel tower. Then noticed the droplets of water running down my lily grass...augh!!! Took out the wood picks, wrapped them with tape, glued and re-inserted, and no more water wicking. Strange, but true.

Theresa, we have to make several eiffel tower arrangements soon. How large a block of oasis can you use on top of these? Are they carved to fit down into (as with a stem of oasis) the vase?

Thanks for the tip about the wicking.

suggestion

Straight handle bouquet holders fit in the eiffel towers wonderfully. Also if you need more design area, we found, at Pat Catans, dark green round plastic bowls (similar to the round centerpiece dish can't remember the number) that have a little stake at the bottom and they fit in the eifflel tower perfectly!

Straight handle bouquet holders fit in the eiffel towers wonderfully. Also if you need more design area, we found, at Pat Catans, dark green round plastic bowls (similar to the round centerpiece dish can't remember the number) that have a little stake at the bottom and they fit in the eifflel tower perfectly!

O-rings work well too. For the most part I do use the straight handle bouquet holders though... much easier. :)

V

Attaching a photo of the pillar candle holder I have been using. I clip the horizontal plastic, and leave the vertical plastic pieces, which act as prongs to hold the oasis. This fits a half block of oasis.

Clip the plastic first, then apply cling or oasis clay to bottom to secure to top of eiffel tower. I have been using the tall eiffels (36 inch, I think, and also use a 8 inch mirror base fastened with clay to the bottom of the tower. Probably not necessary, but so far this has been working for me.)

Then add your wet oasis foam block, and secure with 2 pieces of waterproof tape, one horizontal, one vertical.

The clay does not stick as well if it gets wet, so I like to secure it to the vase first.

Victoria, what is an O-ring?

Attachments

• pillar holder.JPG
    pillar holder.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 13
I've used the straight handle bouquet holders in the past, but I'm going to try that candle holder idea!:hug:

That's the o-ring I mentioned earlier. :) Thanks for pulling up the picture.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.