Winning One Back

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
We'd done a fair amount of design work for a local facility of a national company. The company had become our customer based on a referral from another florist near their corporate headquarters.

They weren't big spenders (average arr value $40-$50) but still the orders added up.

Then... the HQs decided to partner with a WS and even linked to the WS and encouraged their employees to use them instead of local shops. Not much we could do since the corporate offices were also getting a piece of each order via a commission deal.

We had Admin Prof orders from the local office last year.... but not this year.... until about noon today.

Orders came off our website and I thought *huh*? We hustled up and got them delivered in under 2 hours.

Lo and behold.... the receptionist told our driver, "What an improvement over these" as she turned and pointed to some sad arrangements sitting on the credenza behind her desk. "The ladies will be much happier to get yours." Based on our driver's descriptions, they were WS designs and had been poorly executed (but, of course, matching the frankenphoto WS pics is pretty tough these days.) The prices for both the arr's from us and the WS filler were approx the same, although I'm sure our delivery charge was far less than the WS service charges.

The local office has to wonder about the quality of work they've been sending out through the WS and this may have been the first time they've actually seen the products sent through their company link.

At any rate, it's great to know they remembered the quality of our work and it was great to win one back.... even for just a day. (But I'm gonna call the purchaser tomorrow and pitch our value long-term.)

Hope she calls HQ to tell them about her experience. IMO they'd want to know.

As I know you will Cathy, explain the poor percentage they get over the high benefit you provide...

This will become a more common experience as the decline on ws quality continues!!!

Good job lady!!!

Reactions: CHR
I wish your driver could have taken a photo, great marketing for down the road with others like them. Slogan: "They had to call us to fix that"...................

Reactions: CHR and KABERS
Sometime it is not greener on the side of the fence.
I have seen this a few times from different people in town. They seem to come back at one time or another.