Wooden Boxes

KTudor625

Mar 25, 2007
College Point
State / Prov
NY
I have a bridal shower that I am working on. The theme is vintage. I am in need of wooden boxes. A dark wood would fit better in the space they are going in. Does anyone have recommendations on where I can get these? I am having a hard time sourcing them. I am working with a $500 budget so nothing to crazy. Would love to also hear some ideas on design. Working with an ivory and wine color theme. Thanks!

Floral Syndicate Supply has just started to carry the wooden boxes, I purchase some for a wedding receptions a month ago. Prices were reasonable and came in different sizes and colors.

Reactions: KTudor625
We have tons of antique and junk stores in our area. It would be so cool if you could find old singer sewing machine drawers or the little glove drawers from old chests. Truly vintage. I have a small table that is the metal base of a singer sewing machine and a nice piece of oak for the top. I picked it up for 25.00 at an auction - love it.

We have a restoration wood shop in our area that takes down old barns, and uses the wood to build new homes. They keep a scrap pile of unwanted bits of wood outside. We pick up the old barn boards, and turn them into boxes of various sizes. Check it out in your area. You my be able to get the wood for free.
JP

Oh what great options, thanks! I also found some wooden boxes at jamaligarden.com Since they are local it gives me a reason to go into NYC to do some shopping for the business :) I'm excited! Thanks again!

I am having wood boxes custom made for me by Thomas Green from Dragonfly Events. They are awesome. You should contact him if you cannot find what you are looking for. He is on Facebook.

Here is a sample of a woodbox he made me, it also secures a large manzanita branch with a lag bolt in the bottom. Really strong and secure :)

He is making me 18 of the woodboxes for a big wedding I have on Sept 5th. He can also make smaller ones, and you can paint them any color you want.

Attachments

• 28484_1417993423067_1629570560_980450_3552006_n.jpg
    28484_1417993423067_1629570560_980450_3552006_n.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 18
I really like the boxes he has made for you. Cant wait to see pics when the event is finished :)

I really like the boxes he has made for you. Cant wait to see pics when the event is finished :)

The box in picture is more of a whitewash look, I am actually having him make 18 more with a chocolate brown finish to match manzanita branches. I think the white woodboxes would look great with the sandblasted manzanitas!

As for pics, I don't know, you may have to settle for a rockin video instead! LOL

This is my biggest wedding job to date and I am very lucky to have a customer who is giving me a chance to do it, instead of an event decorator! it will be at Cairnwood in Bryn Athyn PA.

Adam, I guess I can settle for a rockin video :) They are great. What do you produce them in? iMovie? I would like to add this to our website. Thanks!