Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilliland

Jan 5, 2004
Stanford
gillilandflowers.com
State / Prov
Kentucky
On incoming orders, how do you handle the disparity between the wire services workbook recipe calulations for your local area and the Suggested Retail Price (SRP)they give the sending florist in their directories.

The workbook prices are almost always greater than the directory SRP's. As a result the sender almost always want more than you can provide, for the money, in your local area.

The wire services need to make their directory SRP's more in line with the real world.

On incoming orders, how do you handle the disparity between the wire services workbook recipe calulations for your local area and the Suggested Retail Price (SRP)they give the sending florist in their directories.
COM 1 ASK $$$ unable to fill for value received, either honor price change or cancel order. Thank you!

Usually results in a cancel: Meaning another shop in town accepted it for the money offered.

Just like BOSS said - ask for the necessary dollars to fill the order as requested. Either they will give it to you or they will cancel the order.

I would never take a lesser price from a WS when I wouldn't do the same thing for my customer. Our workbook has every item marked with our retail price. When the order comes in we compare it to our prices and send the appropriate price change request. They send the price change about 50% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.