Website Address: www.ftd.com

Have been in the business 3 years

No formal floral education

Found FlowerChat via Google

Hope to network with others

I will contribute whatever I can

Operate from a commercial building

Reactions: 7 people
OMG i don't do wire but MAN she really has a couple of balls!! good luck on here FTD ( I wont give her a red dot I will let the other girls do it)lol

Tammy welcome to Flower Chat. I'm interested to hear about the turn that FTD will be making via the new ownership. Be warned, however, there is a lot of wire-service conversation here, and not all of it will make you comfortable.

Which department do you work in Tammy? Operator, order taker, supervisor? Don't you think it's best when dealing with floral consumers to have a slight education in the product?
What type of training do you have for your job with .com?

Just a reminder to all our good folks who vette the new members: Wire Service folks are people, too ;) FC is open to all members of the industry, and we have had WS members in the community from the first days.

Tammy is a Senior Customer Service rep - I'm curious if she works in the consumer side, in the call centre, or dealing with the florist membership?

Ryan

OMG i don't do wire but MAN she really has a couple of balls!! good luck on here FTD ( I wont give her a red dot I will let the other girls do it)lol

Interesting comment.

80% of the posts on here complain about the WS, yet when somebody wants to join you "red dot" them???

Much easier to whine when you think nobody's watching, I guess!

Welcome, Tammy.

:hammer:

I agree...and we all know how I feel about .com :faint:

Welcome Tammy.

V

considering that most wire service people who have/had signed up here remain very, very "mum"....they like to read not comment.
Although it takes quite a while to go through them, there are some listed in the members list.

Welcome to the board!

You'll find a wealth of information here, but here are a couple get aquainted tips.

There is also a helpful Search link at the top of every page
Search Query section
Search for Key Words;__________________________
You can us operators here such as and or +, or you can enclose the phrase in double quotations marks "search terms" to find the entire phrase.
Below that is the Advanced Search Section

Search Options section - advanced search
Select which "Forum" to search in at a time, or at all.

For example, "wire service" I would only search in the "Wire Service" section.
Many people that are new here seem to have a common theme, frustration with the wire services. Believe me, this has been discussed hundreds of times, and it's doubtful that anything new will come from further discussion of the exact same topics that has't been already beat to death, repeatedly. Do a search, you will find discussions from before - add to an older post if you feel the need rather than starting a new one.

That's the basic way, you can limit further by using some of the other "Drop-Down" menu's like if you know the thread you are looking for is only a week or so old, etc....

Now that you have a list of threads you've searched for, do not just click on the thread you want to read. Instead RIGHT click on the thread and select "Open in New Window" This will pop up a new window with that thread in it, leaving your searched list intact for you to go back to.

The purpose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching…
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the forum and everyone should read them.

Following these simple tips will help keep the board pertinent, and eliminate the large numbers of S-O-S posts that we get here on a daily basis, thereby making this board the valuable useful tool it can be.

But we don't want the valuable, golden money making info threads to be lost in the sea of chaff.....

and please don't just be a lurker but an active contributor!

Reactions: 1 person
Bloomz! Tried to give you another green dot for returning to the New Member Intros, but gotta spread some around first.

Welcome back Jon. :) Here's a fantasy dot for you.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.