Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock

Oct 31, 2002
Somewhere
State / Prov
Edge of the World
Therrin is GONE!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!

Had not heard this wonderful news, who have they got to replace him, didn't lure Scotty out of retirement did they?

But now what.....who.....etc. will they be any better???

Maybe you should just root for the Senators!!!
they got the team this year...and I'll be there Saturday with my granddaughters to cheer them on!

Free tickets from "Ronchie Ronnies" my eldest granddaughter (10 years old) won a contest this week at MacDonalds and it includes 4 ice level tickets, and she gets to meet the entire team as well as sit on the player bench...Water girl? or something like that, also a team jersey, and cap.....and her name and picture goes up on the jumbo-tron during the game!!!:)

Replaced by Claude Julien from the dogs.

ronchie ronnies???

John, Ronchie Ronnies?? I only know it as Rotten Ronnies or McSpew. The Sens may have the team , but they may fold before the playoffs come around. So may the Sabres for that matter,the NHL needs to look at the long term viability of some of its teams, many are in finacial trouble and may teams are up for sale . Dallas is now on the block, Tampa and Florida are both in trouble add Calgary ,Edmonton , Phoenix , Pittsburgh and thats 9 of the 30 teams having problems . They desparately need a salary cap or some kind of equalization to stabilize some of these teams.

Been known as Ronchie Ronnies around here since time began...........

But ya, something has to be done or the NHL is going to loose more than just the Sens and Sabers.

Some adjustment in Canadian taxes and laws would also help.....The Sens had to pay 30+ million for a stupid exit ramp from the 4 lane hiway of all things......ever heard of such nonsence??? :mad:

Sens were built on borrowed money - not a way to build a franchise. Will fold in the playoffs - no fear.

Therrien is gone? Good ... heard they were trying to get rid of him in time to grab Bob Heartley. Guess that didn't happen, eh?

Claude Julien? Best of luck :) Hehehehehehehe

Oh, and did I mention: Nik Andropov ROCKS!!!!

Thank you, that's all

Ryan........Yep on the borrowed money!! see my previous post to Sunny......But did the Maple Laffs have to pay the Province 30 mil for an off ramp to the Hanger???? NOT!!

Anyhow the Sens will go places this year in the playoffs!! :)

Oh Old Infinite One!
Don't know much about Julien, actually only that he's lead the dogs to 32-6 so far this season!! Hopefully, it will rub off; Therrin lost the players respect so any change should be positive, I guess.
What's with the Andropov comment, missed me..
The fact that the Sen's had to pay for an off ramp shows how slanted things are in the NHL; Ottawa benefitted greatly by having an NHL team.
Here's another; Montreal pays more in Municipal taxes EVERY YEAR than ALL of the US teams put together!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to start a rumour that Scotty will be returning to coaching in Montreal but I guess it won't help get him there...........

Julien has a good record - because Montreal shares a farm team with Edmonton; they have the best of both team's prospects. (Most of the good ones are Edmonton's, and are coming to the T dot next year as the Road Runners.) He'll have a much different time of it working with those stiffs that Savard has scraped together.

The Andropov comment was just me celebrating the breakout year of a kid I've been touting since his draft year of '98. He's gonna be AWESOME in this league!

You guys seem to be having a HARD TIME...

putting your lips around HAMILTON BULLDOGS as the BEST in the league, producing top notch players for the BIGS for both Montreal AND Edmonton!!
My personal feeling is that the REASON for this success, IS Julien, and that he IS ready for his first real stint in the Majors.
Mike

Check this out.....

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
But now what.....who.....etc. will they be any better???

Maybe you should just root for the Senators!!!
they got the team this year...and I'll be there Saturday with my granddaughters to cheer them on!

Free tickets from "Ronchie Ronnies" my eldest granddaughter (10 years old) won a contest this week at MacDonalds and it includes 4 ice level tickets, and she gets to meet the entire team as well as sit on the player bench...Water girl? or something like that, also a team jersey, and cap.....and her name and picture goes up on the jumbo-tron during the game!!!:)

Jan 18th stick-kid http://www.ottawasenators.com/fanfav/mcstickwinner/ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.