Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
You folks make it through yesterday in one piece?

Awful weather nationwide yesterday, one of the biggest storms of the century(?) more then 2000 mile wide...

We're buried under ice and snow, but it was way worse down south...

Hope you be OK!

We were spared. . .

South of Montgomery, Enterprise AL got the worst. You probably saw the School tragedy on the national news.

We are about 160 miles north of there.

It was pretty tense all over the state. That was a large system that swept accross the state and could have produced tornados anywhere.

Thanks for asking.

Rosebud6 is much closer to the area affected.

ALABAMA STEVE was sort of in the path also. You make it okay, Steve????

We tried contacting our florist friends in Enterprise and Ozark yesterday, but I think everyone went to safe places.

You are so sweet to ask.
It was bad here. I closed my shop as well.
When I picked my kids up from school the sirens were going off again and you just didn't know what was fixing to happen.
I didn't know how bad Enterprise was hit til we got home and watched the news.
They still don't know exactly how many are confirmed dead. Last count was 9. We do not know how many were students or teachers.
There are about 28 in the hospital......do not know there condition. There are still folks missing.
The school is totally destroid. They just are not saying much about the injuries or deaths. I think everyone is just in shock right now and still trying to find people.

It makes you stop and think and forget about your struggles when you realize it can all be taken in a blink of the eye.
I have 3 children that I love with all my heart. I can't imagine what the parents are going through right now.
I believe in the power of prayer to comfort these folks.
Send em down..........they really need it.

Very relieved to know that you are all ok.

I don't know if it made the news in Bham but it just showed pictures of the children that lost their lives.
I believe there were 8.
The tornado was 200yards wide.
You know I have all 3 of my babies downstairs with me tonight....13,11 and 10.
I just can't believe this

It's still making the National news. . .

because President Bush is coming tomorrow.

Still have not been able to get hold of our friends at Triangle Florist.
Looking at MapQuest, they are about 5 blocks from the High School.

Memories of those sirens still make my blood run cold. A twister literally jumped over my boyhood home in Louisville once.

Not to make light of a tragedy, but the sirens also bring back a funny memory. When I was in grad school at Bama, I had a buddy from New York. A storm rolled in on a Friday, and the sirens went off. He ran outside to see what was going on, and we had to drag him back into the basement of the dorm. We explained to him what was going on and told him to keep his fool head down.

Well, during "the season", they test those sirens at noon on Wednesdays. Come Wednesday, a beautiful day, we're eating lunch in Paty hall when the siren test starts. My buddy, all 6' 8" and 270 pounds of him, hits the deck and tries to crawl under the table. He created quite a stir, but had a good laugh when we explained to him what was going on. I think he was pretty glad to get back to New York after the semester.

Talked to friends in Enterprise. .. . .

Their homes and business are okay. Their shop was about 5 blocks from the HS.

RJD,
You went to school in 'Bama and left God's country for PA?????

They still test the sirens every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.