Status
Not open for further replies.

purplegirl

Feb 26, 2007
Bayville
www.ablossomshop.com
State / Prov
NJ
FTD.com is currently advertising a 15 mixed tulip arrangement for $34.99 which offers same day delivery from an FTD florist. When you enter your zip code it brings you to the shopping cart screen and it states, "we're sorry, the product you've selected is not currently available for same-day delivery by a local florist to the zip code provided. However, it is available for next-day delivery via fedex, dhl or ups."

Last time I checked my cooler I had plenty of beautiful tulips! I urge all FTD florists to call their reps & regionals and raise hell for this is misleading to the customer and the hard working florist that pay their membership fees. I have a call into my local paper and looking to pursue this further.

Tried to call Dick Schoeler (sp?) at FTD regarding this but I was informed that he is no longer there. He was the only one left at FTD that you could count on.
:soapbox:

*CHOKE* WHAT? I have to see this...I don't know why this surprises me, really, I don't. I'm not even a member but to know that a company is advertising with bait and switch and then taking orders AWAY from it's paying members....ah, like I said...why am I surprised?

We hate those gosh dern tulip bouquets anyways. We can't fill them to the recipie.

Tulips currently we have set at $2.50 - 2.99 depending on prices. (Currently pay 8.75 for bundle of 10 holland tulips.) Doing the math, lets say we are currently charging $2.5 for the tulips. 15*2.5=37.50 that doesn't include labor or a vase. Say we just toss them in the vase so we don't charge labor, that is still at least a $3 vase. So we would be asking for more money if it came directly from FTD or another florist. We would think about it if it was an actual customer.

Correction - FTD.com is offering $34.99 for 15 tulips wrapped & delivered.

Just another example of FTD screwing the member florists. I am not a member of FTD but if I saw this, I would cancel my membership.
Enough is enough, let em drop ship ALL of thier orders.

It's a pretty ambiguous item they have up there - the one style (15 tulips in a vase) for $34.99 does not show the little clock-y thingy that means same day, but when you go to the description, it says Fed Ex, UPS, Local Florist etc.

The Carnnival bqt says $45.99, # of tulips varies from florist to florist, and is only florist delivered. Pretty sneaky stuff, but it really is no surprise.

Nice to see you posting Jill!

:)

tracy
ps- please pass along any info if you have any designers looking for work - we're looking, again. :rolleyes: Seems to be a yearly thing.

Tried to call Dick Schoeler (sp?) at FTD regarding this but I was informed that he is no longer there. He was the only one left at FTD that you could count on.
:soapbox:
He was the only one left who gave a @@@@, thats why he's gone!

Last time I checked my cooler I had plenty of beautiful tulips! I urge all FTD florists to call their reps & regionals and raise hell for this is misleading to the customer and the hard working florist that pay their membership fees.

I asked ftd.com why they are not sending these to florists. The answer was to many florist will not fill them. I suppose many will not. Some like you would.
Seems odd they simply just don't have a system that is zip code driven to who will fill and who will not. I am sure your regional rep will put you in contact with somebody at .com to express your feelings.

No Response From Ftd

:soapbox: Called yesterday; no one available to receive calls at 4PM! Promised return call didn't happen. E-mails sent to VP for .com and sales this morning. Anybody want to make any bets on a response?:hammer:

:soapbox: Called yesterday; no one available to receive calls at 4PM! Promised return call didn't happen. E-mails sent to VP for .com and sales this morning. Anybody want to make any bets on a response?:hammer:

which year??.....

They could allow/require every member provide prices (including delivery) for each item and have them update their inventory daily, even hourly, to know which zip codes could be delivered 'exactly as shown' with arrangements.

But I see three huge barriers to this kind of effort:

1) Very few florists actually carry all the inventory (cut flowers & hardgoods) to make the arr's as shown and FTD would then have to inform buyers that same-day delivery items would be substituted. It's not in their interest to explicitly tell shoppers that they won't get exactly what they see.

2) How many shops would actually update regularly? My guess is less than 20%.

3) There's not enough profit from the orders for most florists to go through all the extra effort.

Haha, well, two weeks ago we had trouble with our advantage system, and they said they would call me back. They never did, and clicking around I fixed the problem. I am still waiting for my phone call, so yeah, I want the longest possible time.

Ah YES, the old Bait and Switch!

Ah YES, the old "BAIT & SWITCH!" GAME.

Just another one of their VALUE ADDED $ERVICES for the members! :iamwith:

They probably need to change their name to DOT.CON TRANSWORLD DELIVERY $ERVICE now.

Hope some of you hold outs get the bigger picture real soon instead of suggesting that, you're able to use the BRAND more than, THE BRAND IS USING YOU!

Called FTD and left this message...

"Looking for oceanfront property in Nevada or a Bridge for sale."

Got a call back in fifteen minutes!

Asked about the tulips...Said they would get back to me!

Looks like I will be the new owner of the Brooklyn Bridge befor I get a straight answer from FTD!!!
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Why bother

I'm predicting this whole company will collapse soon - the stock is down almost 20% since V-Day - good short opportunity

Ah YES, the old "BAIT & SWITCH!" GAME.

Just another one of their VALUE ADDED $ERVICES for the members! :iamwith:

They probably need to change their name to DOT.CON TRANSWORLD DELIVERY $ERVICE now.

Hope some of you hold outs get the bigger picture real soon instead of suggesting that, you're able to use the BRAND more than, THE BRAND IS USING YOU!

Yea...I kinda agree, that i MIGHT be looking at distancing myself from the once proud & strong logo, if I were in upper management, for ALL the reasons you've been preaching all along John!!

I'm predicting this whole company will collapse soon - the stock is down almost 20% since V-Day - good short opportunity

In the eyes of REAL FLORISTS, I'd have to say that the company has ALREADY collapsed!!

Re: Yeah, it was a tough decision FORE MEE TOO!

Yea...I kinda agree, that i MIGHT be looking at distancing myself from the once proud & strong logo, if I were in upper management, for ALL the reasons you've been preaching all along John!!

No question Mikey that, making the right decision FORE MEE was not easy either.

The heart pulled the strings of the brain for a very long time.

However, with the little dick and small bob continous lies as they told us one thing while DOO-ING TO US another, the brain and my wallet eventually won out. Of course, little dick has long gone to destroy other companies and small bob is selling hogs to mo pigs.

How sad none of them could see the FLORISTS for the FLEAS and go for the bigger long range mutual profitable picture of INCLUDING rather than EXCLUDING the very florists who made that brand what is was.

They had the FINEST and ONLY SAME-DAY-DELIVERY NETWORK in the world and all they had to do was to give us MO GIFT STUFF TO DELIVER.

Instead, they chose to BEE GREEDY while keeping all the good stuff for themselves.

Oh well, the die has been cast.

The earliest citation of the phrase that I can find is in Sir Thomas Herbert, A relation of some yeares travaile begunne anno 1626, into Afrique and the greater Asia, 1634:

"Aiijb, Is the die cast, must At this one throw all thou hast gaind be lost?"

Status
Not open for further replies.