Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Yes sometimes it's pays off and sometime it backfires.

So far it is paying. About 2 weeks ago I received a order from aorder gatherer for a boxwood christmas tree arr. I manage to talk to the sender from New York and I made him aware on how he got swindle. He was not going to do anything because of the little money difference.
Well I received a order from him yesterday for delivery today for his mom who was going to be at home. He sent me a e-mail befor ethe order went out and asked if we can still send it to the hospital where she is going to be there for a few more days. No problem. Next thing I know later int he afternoon, I get another order from a friend who we got refered by Marcus. Marcus is the son in New York. So far me taking the time to talk to him is paying off .

So maybe it looked like I am harsh when I phone these people, but I guess I did made a impression with Marcus.

Luc

Luc, having done the same, I've had the same results. Family tells family, family tells friends. It does work, slowly, but it does work (most of the time) Congrats...one more educated consumer! Merry Christmas!

Way to go, Luc!

Way to educate the customer! We do the same as you, but instead, we tell them about Florists with a WS who are just gathering orders for them, and how the WS take a % from their florists and compete against them.

We further offer our service for $5 to call a florist with their order or just give them the florist's direct number for free.

So the story is kind of the same, except our OG examples are a little different.

I love telling customers the full truth, because it is them, in the end, who will choose us over the large online corps and pay my bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.