Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
What's the matter...never seen Ice and Snow before??

The key to driving on snow is to GO like HEdoublehockeysticks and you'll get there...or end up in the ditch trying :hug:;)

Did you see the film of the guy (CBS news I think) in the SUV hitting every vehicle around him (it could have been a woman). He went in circles hitting cars in the road, on the sidewalk, a telephone pole, a fence and was still going when the story stopped.
It was hilarious!

we're here to entertain!!!

You ought to see all of it from our end!!!

Donna

Really!!! Try seeing it from our end.....
We had a 25 car pileup wreck, so guess what? Today I'm closed....
The frwys are the worst in the Northwest / West area where I am, no one especially the native houstonians/south of the border knows how to drive in this crappy icy mess! So we just let the northern folks do the driving and go to work!
When I opened my door today and saw all the rain and icicles hanging a foot off the roof , I turned around and shut the door!!! I know it's funny to the northerners but when you only get this once every 10 years , the whole metro city , no schools open, it all shuts down!!! God forbid we get 2 inches of snow on the ground! We wouldn't know how to handle that either!
I do admire you up north on days like this, I don't know how ya do it!
Cyndi

Ya know, its funny: In New Jersey, we get snow, ice and bad weather here every winter (although this year its coming very late), but every year its like the first time it ever happened. People are always surprised by bad weather, they always drive like freaks, and roads, schools and businesses grind to a halt. You'd be amazed what a little snow does to people, even when you'd think they'd be used to it. I feel your pain; I think its our turn next.

yep, like tomorrow i think....
but, here's the worse! on the news because of it being so bad and late they are saying FLOWERS and FRUIT are going to be outrageous in price!!! even tho you have pre-booked and locked prices it's not locked anymore..........
cyndi

I have sympathy for you all there. We have been "ice state" for the last two years, snow then rain and freezing rain. We are lucky though, having dealt with such conditions we prepare (salt sludge poured on roads hours before storms) and most (and I mean a few sane people) actually heed the police when they say "If you don't have to drive, don't"......
I wear ice cleats on my shoes to take my dog out to do his duties and don't cut his nails very short so he has traction to get across the back yard to do the same. I'll take the 100" snow years like we used to have. Right now it's 6 below (10:00 PM), my wood stove is full but it's only 67 in the house and we didn't hit 2 degrees until 2:00 PM today. More snow late tomorrow into Friday......at least it has to warm up to snow!! (old wives tale but mostly true and makes you feel better about the cold)
When daughter was in the Navy and stationed in Beaufort SC, they had one snowstorm and she laughed at how people drove in it....or should say, didn't drive in it. Schools closed etc....Just a Dustin' as we say but paralyzes other areas.. In the words of the master...........This too shall pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.