Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria

Oct 31, 2002
London
State / Prov
Ontario
Hi...

There have been some positive changes for me at work. One thing is I need to change my "title". The title Department Manager apparently isn't encompassing enough for what I do (that can be considered an understatement after looking at the pod thing they drew).

I know I have a talent for words, but for the life of me I can't come up with one I like and will be able to "own". So, any help would be appreciated.

Here is a list of what I do.

Gift Baskets (buying, building, marketing, selling for 4 locations...)
Builiding the new specialty items department for two locations)
Florals and decor for catering department
Bridal Shows for catering department
Tours
WHMIS and Orientation
Health and Safety inspector (certified)
Cover reception when needed
Customer care
Photographer
ETC.

V

Director of Creative....I can't think of a good word after creative.

ETA: I got it...Services!! Director of Creative Services, what do ya think??

Reactions: Victoria
How about Director of __________?
Maybe Director of Purchasing, Events, and Specialty Items?

Since you seem to have input in the "direction" of where these depts are going as well as how to get there, I think it may be more appropriate than "manager".

Jack of all trades!!! :bangles:

Just kidding! Marketing and Operations Manager (I'd call you the Vice President of Marketing and Operations, but I like to throw around titles)

edit...I like the director title!! Director of Marketing and Operations

Reactions: Victoria
Sandy,
We just share the same amazing brain power, that's all!!

I wish I could give you a green dot V. In this economy we are being asked to do more and in less time.I can appreciate the situation as long as we are not being taken advantage of......I hope this is not the case and that you are compensated well for your time,knowledge..... hang in there and I am sure you are reffered to by your employer as "Saint" LOL:thumbsup

I wish I could give you a green dot V. In this economy we are being asked to do more and in less time.I can appreciate the situation as long as we are not being taken advantage of......I hope this is not the case and that you are compensated well for your time,knowledge..... hang in there and I am sure you are reffered to by your employer as "Saint" LOL:thumbsup

;) Not yet... don't want to be a saint as they are usually dead for a really really long time!

I'm loving the suggestions thus far! I knew I could count on you folks.

V

Queen V ????? :)

When I saw the pod thing they made regarding the things I do, I believe I said the same thing. It was quickly pointed out that royalty has been beheaded in the past. ;)

I thank you for your kind words and designations... however, I just want something I can actually own comfortably.

V

Director of Getting Things Done. No, that doesn't sound professional enough, even if it's true.

Funny story. I had to go in on Sunday to help with a kids hockey party. I rarely work Sunday but if I'm going to Ireland next year I need moolah... so I said sure.

It was CRAZY busy in the cafe and I was flying around like a dirvish. One of our team members in the bakery area stopped me and said to me in Spanish, "every time I see you you are running through life... slow down". It made me laugh at the time... but when I got back to the dog sitting in the country, his words made perfect sense.

This economy does dictate how we should react to our chosen professions or jobs... but we can't let it kill us, literally or figuratively.

That's what we talked about in our meeting yesterday... pulling some of the arms of my resposibilities right off the pod. I'm not good at being just adequate... I need to feel pride in all that I do.

V

Operations manager for me also V, well done! Your job sounds very interesting and varied...

Status
Not open for further replies.