Announcement You're "looking at"....

Nov 22, 2009
West Saint Paul
any-timeflowers.com
State / Prov
Minnesota
Well,

I've been doing some schooling since October 2009. Minnesota State Florist's Association adopted the Texas State Floral Association's Professional Certified Florist certification program.

As of today, you're "looking at" the very first Minnesota Certified Florist.

Whew! It's been a trip trying to get all of this done plus run the store through the busy spring months and preparing for Boston, besides.

As an added weird coincidence that is going to take some getting used to, today I also became a MNSFA Accredited Floral Design Judge. That feels weird.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. I don't know where all of this is going, but I have learned to trust that I'm being led in the path I'm supposed to follow.

Congrats!! Congrats !! Our Certified Program originally came from Texas and has been modified to keep up with certain aspects... Our Master Program was written by Ann Jordan AIFD (co-chair of symposium Boston)....... Congrats, Congrats, Congrats......... Education never, ever stops in this biz !!

Great! Congrats! Fabulous! See you in Boston!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
This should also qualify you as having PASSED one of the 5 accepted education pathways to the PFDE. Regretably, I won't be in Boston to support you as you are undergoing your testing, but I AM planning to be in San Francisco where I hope to welcome the newest batch of FC friends to walk across that stage and become AIFD members.

I am so hoping to be able to go to San Fran whether or not I pass. It would be the bee's knees if I pass to go and get pinned, thats for sure...I have to pass right, there is no other possibility...

Congratulations on passing this test. I see it as an entry for you to start going for more and more honors or accreditations.

I was in the first group many years ago that passed the FTD Master Florist Test and it gave me the encouragement to keep on going. I hope this does the same for you.

Congratulations on your new credentials!! It is wonderful to see that so many states adopted our Texas program. Tell me more about the accredited judge program.
Debbie

The judgeship is in it's infancy. In fact we spent time modifying the program to better fit our needs here in MN as well as surrounding states. There will be another opportunity this October through MNSFA, and then it will be a once yearly program.

Linda, that's just great. Congrats. Please share your experiences with us as you go through AIFD to help encourage some of us sitting on the fence. BTW, does anyone know anything about the CFD program in various states, particularly PA?