ZA suffixes on brick and mortar shops

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
Took an order from a viable brick and mortar shop I know quite well, heck, I'll name it... our FC own VJD - Valerie Dawes used to work there, Crystal Orchid in Manchester NH... and their suffix has been changed to ZA .. I asked if they were send only and she said yes and that the suffix just changed recently... So that means that not only are "online florists only" but sending florists even if they are brick and mortar, now have the ZA suffix meaning you can not tell by code #'s anymore who's real or not...... Sad... their (FTD's) deception to cloak the non brick & mortars now is extending to their real brick & mortar shops..

I refuse from all "sending only" shops. If they won't fill for me, why should I fill for them?

Reactions: autj
ZA has been the code for send only shops for a while now, even if they are brick and mortar. Just about any member can change to send only. Remember the wires don't care, they only want the order volume and at almost any cost.

The bigger issue that this creates as you know, as more and more shops move to send only, eventually there will be no one to send to. The system is coming apart at what seems to be a faster rate these days. The money is in the sending, but without receiving there can be no sending.

I won't rehash all the different reasons it's going this way, but as I see it, one of the biggest is the imbalance between receiving and sending, used to be a balance, but as more and more orders (80% in the top 10% of members and the company and OG's) there is no longer reciprocity in the industry to balance things out. I think you'll continue to see more and more of this and that eventually the system will collapse totally.

Also, I'll bet there will be a record number of machines turned off across all wire services for the Mother of all weeks....coming up soon.

ZA has been the code for send only shops for a while now, even if they are brick and mortar. Just about any member can change to send only. Remember the wires don't care, they only want the order volume and at almost any cost.

The bigger issue that this creates as you know, as more and more shops move to send only, eventually there will be no one to send to. The system is coming apart at what seems to be a faster rate these days. The money is in the sending, but without receiving there can be no sending.

I won't rehash all the different reasons it's going this way, but as I see it, one of the biggest is the imbalance between receiving and sending, used to be a balance, but as more and more orders (80% in the top 10% of members and the company and OG's) there is no longer reciprocity in the industry to balance things out. I think you'll continue to see more and more of this and that eventually the system will collapse totally.

Also, I'll bet there will be a record number of machines turned off across all wire services for the Mother of all weeks....coming up soon.
Had a call from HQ today......I sensed a little "panic" in my conversation with one of the "flow" planners!
My real fear is the number of suckers being born every day...a never ending supply of "end points" and "bent over points", when ZA finally "dams" up the flow, and collapses FTD...kinda reminds me of politics in Congress!
Somewhere in the near future, you'll hear conversations like "well, we USED to listen to the horsechips"!!

After 12 years as a ZA florist time had come to bow out of FTD...The fees were $100.00 mo for membership/$42.39 mo for dir. and floral guide/$30.00 for FTD univ...low sending fee $20.00.... $192.00/mo FTD just keeps adding more and more creative fees to balance their bottom line. Eventually, everyone will realize that they are merely supporting FTD. The audacity for FTD to compete with the shops that are paying FTD to stay in business..The merc system is a joke and anyone that thinks they are making money belonging to a wire service is deluding themselves. FTD will stay in business as long as florists take their orders.. We Refuse all incoming orders that come from an OG...even if they are with a credit card...That is the only way to get the customer to call a floral shop directly...