yes and 16 years experience
through f&fw
advice, help, tips and meeting other florist
advise, help, tips
commercial building

Reactions: 4 people
Introduction

Hello All,
My name is Zoe and i own a flower shop in Bath, England.
I have been in the industry since the age of 16....32 now, so it's been a while. Still get up every morning glad to be going to work which i wonder sometimes if thats healthy!!!

I'm hoping to learn some new tips and tricks from you all and hope that i can give some back in return.

Regards
Zoe

More info

Welcome to FlowerChat Zoe.

So that we can get to know you a little better, tell us a little about your shop. Contemporary or Traditional? Large shop or small? What is your customer base like?

Maybe I'm nosey, but these are the same questions I'd ask if I met you at an industry cocktail party.

Help us know who you are and you'll blend in here quicker.

Thanks for combining the intros. :)

Hi Zoe.

Welcome and it's great that you are glad to go to work in the morning... the alternative isn't great.

Please participate freely and enjoy.

V

my shop

I have 3 members of staff and the shop is not huge but on the other hand not pokey! We are more traditional than anything else but thats more to do with our customers than me. I like to try and get a few modern things out but we do have a lot of request for the trad posy arr and flat bouquets. Customer base is mainly older and average wage as we are not based in the classic and posher part of Bath! Have a lot of contract work...3 funeral directors, 2 golf clubs and wedding dress shop which overs a lot of our weddings and many, many offices.
We cover about a 8 mile radius in our delivery area and only have the one van.
Open 6 days a week, 8.30am till 5pm and never stop for lunch!!! I work all of them and rarely have a day off!!!!

Hi and welcome to flowerchat, look forward to talking tricks of the trade with you, :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.