1-800's latest offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Nov 1, 2002
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
1-800 Flowers is offering the following gift idea for Feb. 14th.

Luxury Basket of Valentine Passion
Product Code: 7926

This spectacular luxury chest basket is a visual showpiece! We've summoned an extraordinary array of romantic essentials for the ultimate seduction! Made to take their breath away, it's brimming with elegant accoutréments such as beautiful, fresh roses, Godiva® Chocolates, BVLGARI perfume, Waterford® toasting flutes and vase, cultured pearl necklace, silk pajamas and more! All rendered to add a distinguished air to your enduring messages of love. Only cupid could devise such sublime splendor for Valentine's Day! Chest includes: For Starters…
One Dozen Fresh Red Roses – long-stemmed
Marquis® by Waterford Romance Flutes
100% Silk Pajama Set (Size Large – fits 12-14) – Dry Clean or Hand wash cold; Do not bleach; Line dry; Warm iron
Then comes the indulgence…
BVLGARI Extreme Eau Parfumee (3.4 fl. oz.)
Godiva® Chocolates (2 lbs.)
Gourmet Appetizers – caviar; salmon pate; raspberry chocolate dip; lemon cookies; vegetable thins
Crabtree & Evelyn® La Source™ Gift Certificate (retail value $100)
Wine.com Gift Certificate (retail value $75) – may we suggest a bottle of their Louis Roederer1996 Brut Rosé!
And make it unforgettable…
Cultured Pearl Necklace (6.5-7mm) – fresh-water, pearl necklace measures 18"L and is hand-knotted.
Waterford® Wyndmere Crystal Vase
Chest basket measures 36"H x 14.5"L x 18"W.

Send this Valentine's Day gift and you'll receive 10%* OFF when you order for delivery on 2/10, 2/11, or 2/12.

This product is shipped via one of the
following carriers: UPS, FedEx, or USPS.

$1,000.00

Attachments

• 7926z.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 253
I just called to order and they're sold out! Someone in Elliott Lake, ON has taken the entire allotment!

I wonder how their return policy is. I don't take a large size especially in silk pj's. Allergic to Crabtree & Evelyn (at least most of their stuff makes me stuffy). Oh give me a break, they are really hitting the high rollers huh. Glad Luc bought them all :)

Now, Rhonda -
After you polish off the two pound box of chocolates, lemon cookies, and raspberry chocolate dip, all washed down with Louis' Brut Rose, those silk pajamas will fit you perfectly.

Now my surprise is out for Victoria, so I will have to return them....
Now I have to think of something else.
Luc

OOOOOOOOO I can act surprised Luc...HONEST, I PROMISE. :) Please please PLEASE don't cancel...except for the red roses (eweeeuuuuu). ;)

For a thousand bucks I'll do better than that! Don't know what off the cuff but Send me your money and you won't forget you got screwed on Valentine's Day!

To Mayor:

I am assuming you are the same mayor new to floristboard.com.
I replied to your post over there about keeping to the posted topic schedule. Since the posts are all gone and starting over as they do over there every so often I thought I'd ask you again here. Where did you see that schedule posted? I have never seen or heard of any schedule there. Nor have I ever heard any reference to it before your post the other day referring to it. Very curious to know.

Yep I am the same one and am new to the boards. Thanks for the reply as I never knew if anything was posted as it all went away. If you look at the bottom left of the florist board page you will see an envelop for e-mail, under it is a book for guest book, under that is a house for home and a light bulb for a new beta version. To the left of that is a yellow line and if in IE you move your cursor over it it opens to reveal another menu. It has Floral Books, Floral Chat, Chat Schedule and SAF Hallmark Article. Click on the Chat Schedule and it brings up the schedule. Have not tried it on Netscape but it is there. I copied and pasted it below. Check it out.

Day of Week
Time
Topic

Monday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Sales & Advertising Chat

Tuesday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Wire Service Chat

Wednesday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Designing Chat

Thursday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Business Building Chat

Friday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Customer Service Chat

Saturday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Employee Relations Chat

Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm PST
(8:00pm - 11:00pm EST) Goods & Services Chat

Severall of us used to "meet" in the chatroom darn near daily for quite a while, but I haven't even checked in a long time, so don't know if anyone goes there any more. It was quite nice. Does anyone know if this board has a chat function? I am guessing it does as it is a darn functional board...:confused:

I've had chat boards before, but no florists showed up. Didn't bother to include one on this board, so far.

Does FB use an IRC based chat?

Originally posted by Infinite
I've had chat boards before, but no florists showed up. Didn't bother to include one on this board, so far.

Does FB use an IRC based chat?

Yep, IRC....

And like Blomz sayz...we used to have some pretty good conversations there, late at night, sometimes 10-15 florists at a time....

Problem was, lack of coordination...kind of a hit and miss trying to catch someone....

It did open in a new browser, so you could log in and minimize, and just check back from time to time, until you caught someone...slow loader tho....

Might be time again for a good one, WITH a calander of EVENTS :)

Ok, a while ago I installed most of the hack for adding the chat feature. It is also IRC based, so you'll be familiar with the interface. Now, here's the issue:

There is a cost involved. I don't remember details, but I'd be happy to clarify after valentine's :) I didn't complete the installation, because of past lack of interest - not worth spending money if no one wants to chat. I'll present the costs to the membership, and if there is enough interest and support, we'll go ahead.

Originally posted by ghill
Yep I am the same one and am new to the boards. Thanks for the reply as I never knew if anything was posted as it all went away. If you look at the bottom left of the florist board page you will see an envelop for e-mail, under it is a book for guest book, etc...)

Yepper! Funniest thing. I wonder if the other boardies know it's there. Never heard of a schedule before. Everyone just says what's on their mind or any problem or anything really. Good idea, but flowerchat.com is more for something like that as it is broken down into categories, ya think? Se ya around.
Happy Valentining!

ghill, I should have read the responses before I posted mine. I see the difference. That schedule thing must be a regular chatroom where you go back and forth at the same time. The floristboard where I read your post is just a place to post a message and people come and go as they please to read it and reply. Totally different thing. I did not know about the chat function. It interests me greatly. :cool:

The chat thing is great,You can also use mIRC as a program once a Network is picked, Dalnet is down due to DOS attacks, at least 2 wks ago.

Ryan were you thinking of one of the Networks or something off your server?

Status
Not open for further replies.