$250,000 for wedding flowers

KABERS

Jan 3, 2005
la porte
www.kaberfloral.com
State / Prov
in
On the news this morning they were speculating that Chelsey Clinton's wedding flowers will cost $250,000. and the whole wedding will be in the 2 million ballpark.

I wonder who the florist is and what do you think is their profit margin?

I have no idea who it is, but, might speculate a little.

Frank Lanning used to be near their home and did lots of work for them....he is now at the Ritz Carlton in the Grand Caymens and they could fly him in to do it if they want....but, I am curious like others here.

I know two florists personally that told me they designed and made Hillary's bouquet when she got married. They told me this when we were working on the Clinton inauguration. It was hard to keep a straight face as each tried to outdo the other.

Reactions: OB1
All I could scratch out...

Aisle Dash has heard that Jeff Leatham will be doing flowers and decor. Boston's Winston Flowers, a frequent Rafanelli collaborator, may also have a hand in some of the arrangements.

The thing that stands out for me about the budget, ( other than it is big ) is that reports say that 10% of the total budget will be spent on the flowers. I think this is the MINIMUM that the Clintons should spend....after all, is that not the minimum that we expect our brides to spend?
Frankly, I'm all about telling my brides that they should expect to spend 20% of their budget on flowers, so I do not find the 250,000$ on flowers out of line.
Given that there will be at least 75 tablecenters, plus church decor, personal flowers, and assorted other stuff, I could spend that $250,000 in no time. It's not like they're used to having $100 dollar centerpeices is it? Fact is, with 75 tables of 8 people, there goes a good 75,000 right there, given their taste in flowers.
I wish they would have spent more...it would do our industry good. Heck, when I went to NYC to work for my friend, Cathy, one of her weddings I worked on had a budget of 3 million dollars, and that guy owned an insurance company! Surely a past president millionairre should be able to top that number, and then some.
It's not like they can't afford it.......
JMHO.
JP

Reactions: CHR
The other day it was said Jeff Leatham was doing the flowers...

Interesting take on the budget on CTV news tonight... the average wedding in the U.S. is pegged at $30,000.

While we may see the budget for flowers as not up to par with the Clinton's wealth, I do think in these times in the States, the amount spent will appear somewhat obscene to those who can't even muster enough to pay the rent.

V

Ok - so who has seen the pics??

I saw just a few - poor Bill had a teensy weensy bout. Couldn't see Hils.

I thought her aisle need a little help - no bows, flowers, greens, nada. :(

She, her groom and her family looked gloriously happy.

V

loved the dress.

his bout looked like a freesia stem with 2 open blooms.

Just read on the winston's facebook page, that they are credited with doing Chelsea's florals...nice to be them..The bouquet is beautiful, haven't seen much else alog the lines of reception flowers...

Just read on the winston's facebook page, that they are credited with doing Chelsea's florals...nice to be them..The bouquet is beautiful, haven't seen much else alog the lines of reception flowers...

how about a link to their page. I can't find it..................