www.amoodforyou.com

-22 years

-No

-Found it on google ;)

-Meet owners and discuss business plans

-We offer a very good service to Floral shops

-Commercial building

Reactions: 2 people
Hi and thank you for your interest in our community.

I've spent some time looking at your site. Because of what I do, I found it interesting.

What benefits do you foresee being a member and conversely what do you hope to share with other members?

Please tell us more about you and your business. It makes the process easier, when we have more information.

Thanks!

V

Reactions: Palms
We at A Mood For You have started a program kind of similar to the floral FTD program. I am really looking for input on maybe changes that could be made to make our program better. And to better understand the floral community. Also I would like to see if it generates any interest in the community. Being that we do not charge a monthly fee but only a $150 annual fee and the flower shop makes a 30% margin.

sincerely

jeff

Thank you for expanding on your information. If you don't mind, I'd like to know more about the "FTD" line of thinking you have. :)

V

Reactions: Palms
We have a $150 sign up fee. We then send out our "cake book" with over 100 different gift baskets in it. 2 in store posters, the gift basket ordering forms, and an acrylic counter top display. If a customer comes in and wants to order a basket for mothers day, we can have the basket shipped out by noon to either the person ordering it or the person receiving the present. We have downloadable inserts for every major holiday that you can get off our site. And we will also have sales reps in your area to help set up school fundraisers and business to business deals if you would like.

Last year we sold over 80,000 baskets and this is a new program for us that I think should do really well. Any other questions? I would be glad to answer them.:bouquet2:

:) I really appreciate your answering my questions. I'm not being invasive, rather, we want to maintain our professional integrity in the community.

Thank being said, you're the first company of this kind to ask for membership.

Once more people have voted you will have complete access to the community. Bear in mind though, if you become a member, there cannot be any "spamming" the members. We do have many wholesaler's here so there is much information to be shared.

By the way, do you sell to the public as well?

V

Right now we are working diligently to get all our baskets onto our website to sell to the public. In the past we mainly sold to businesses and larger companies like Kohls, Target and Amazon. But we are really trying to get into the smaller shops and get our products out to a larger base of people. We have changed a lot of our baskets quality trying to make them better looking and with higher quality products in them. We think that this is a great way for business owners to generate a whole new way to get revenue with little work for them and with great products.
I am definitely not here to do any "spamming". Rather to get input and see if the interest is out there. And since i will be working with floral shops it would be nice to see how the community works.

thank you

Jeff
A Mood For You

www.amoodforyou.com

Hi Jeff:

I so appreciate your time in answering all the questions.

Are you looking to become a drop shipper in the wonderful world of baskets? I'm asking only because if you are aiming to sell to the public as wells as shops, then you become a competitor to those shops. That's the biggest buggaboo florists have with FTD and the like.

Thanks again.

V

When we get all of our new baskets on our site this or next week. Its mainly so the people that are signing up for our over the counter program to be able to see all the products that we do offer. I do believe people will be able to click on baskets and buy them. But that is far from our main focus. We very much want to get this program out to the store owners. And that is my only concern. And i believe the company feels the same. We have no one out there selling baskets one by one and we do not plan on that either. We will not be advertising or pushing for the general public to come to our site and order baskets. We believe our strategy of business to business is the way to go.

Welcome to the community Jeff and again thank you for your patience. I'm just one vote so hopefully more members will chime in once Valentine's Day is over.

Enjoy once you have the ability to tour around.

V

Right now we are working diligently to get all our baskets onto our website to sell to the public.
Modeling FTD then huh?

Why would I as a retailer want to support you as a supplier, if you intend to also sell directly to my customers?

This is the exact reason many florists are leaving FTD.

Modeling FTD then huh?

Why would I as a retailer want to support you as a supplier, if you intend to also sell directly to my customers?

This is the exact reason many florists are leaving FTD.

Posts like this are the exact reason I joined this site. I really want to know things about the floral industry and what makes the owners tick in general. We have never been a company that sells directly to the public. And in getting all our baskets online for our over the counter program we thought we would add a buy now feature. If this is something that is a problem then we will not do it. Like i said we will never advertise or go after people to come to our site and buy. I guess it was more and added feature that we may not add anymore. And yes our program is similar to FTD. BUT we have a one time annual fee of $150 with ZERO monthly fees. Also you get the money directly from the customer and we take the 70% for the basket out of your account.

Jeff thank you for clearing that up. I misunderstood as well.

V

Thanks for clearing that up.

Here's a scenario for you.

Supply retailers with a "selection guide" of your baskets, along with a XL spreadsheet or CD with the images and included items and your price (cost to florist) to retailer members.

Set up a Web Portal, where retailers can place orders (hopefully integrated with their own web sites) that you in turn ship to the recipient.

Branding would have to be discussed. I mean, it would not do a florist much good, for them to have you ship their item, and have you include your catalog to the recipient. But in todays techno-world, individual branding of my shipments with my logo and card could be accomplished.

Have to give it more thought after Valentines...

Welcome to FlowerChat!

Welcome Jeff! Thank you (and Victoria) for sharing more about your business.

I think you have a great site and a good idea. One thing you have that FTD doesn't is the desire to build a partnership with your retail clients, rather than taking their money and cutting them out of the loop. Perhaps you will be able to grow enough that you can show FTD what is wrong with their model.

Welcome!

Reactions: Victoria
First, I dislike being manipulated.

If you read all the post carefully, you'll see where Jeff says they are working on getting the site open for the PUBLIC to buy from. When challenged on that he backed up. But he continues to say he is concerned with pushing forward HIS agenda.

I just called the number on the site as a consumer trying to purchase. They do have a lot of the merchandise priced and you can put it in a shopping cart and it totals your order. It would not complete the transaction, and that is what I told the person that answered the phone. (I won't say the name as not to get them in trouble with the boss)

This person, told me they were having "hiccups" with the check out, but that they would be cleared up in a few days and I would be able to order online as a consumer!

He also offered to send me a catalog to order from as a consumer.

Having said all of that it confirms my first impression of deception in the posts.

Why as Flower Sellers, would we want to assist a Gift Basket retailer, in taking any part of our market? Do we not create our own gift baskets? I do, and get 100% of that sell. We have fought so hard to keep our customers, this would be letting another fox into the hen house. They want our flower customers to choose their gift baskets. Just another in lieu of flowers ploy.

When customers come into my shop, I want 100% of their money, they are my customers. My purpose is not to operate a "consignment" shop for this or any other persons business.

Jeff said they had sold 80,000 gift baskets so far. How were those sold? To the public?

Why should we have to pay them 150.00 membership fee per year, and only get 30% of the sale. That number is offensive.

This youngman is trying to operate as a reverse OG. He keeps 70% we get 30% and get charged a yearly membership fee too. No wonder he wants us to tell him more about our FTD feelings. He's copying them. And will as the big boys do, compete against us.

This is WAY too sneaky sounding to me. I vote to protect all real florist from any outside threat to flower sells...I vote NO.

Sorry Jeff, you contridicted yourself too much in your post. We are not stupid and your associate I spoke with let the cat out of the bag. Your intention is to sell to the public.

Please FC'ers why are we allowing all these people that are not real florist onto this florist forum. Without Shannon as the gatekeeper, it seems more and more of these slip through.

I am on my soap box, but someone needs to be. I don't mean to offend any FC'ers, please know that.

If more members participated in this process then perhaps the job of "gatekeeper" wouldn't be so difficult.

I'll happily abdicate.

V

V,

That was not directed at you at all. I applauded your stepping up and taking over when Shannon had enough. I also stepped up to defend you when an applicant verbally attacked you very inappropriately. V. I respect you and know you are a valuable member of this forum. Please know that.

My concern is that almost to the number the new applicants are saying they found us on the internet. I broached that subject along with others months ago, when we were concerned that our postings or rantings could be seen by our public. That could be devistating to our businesses. If you go back and count how many people apply daily as of late. It's 8 or so. Thats a lot compared to say six months ago. Many are suppliers or people wanting to sell something,or working out of their basements or people with no experience at all wanting us to train them, but don't want to take the good advise we offer.

V. if you felt offended, please accept my apology, and I agree with you that other FC'ers should be more proactive in the vetting process. If there is to be one.

Reactions: Connie
Status
Not open for further replies.