A step toward taking it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOSS said:

I absolutely love your website and I tell everyone about it. My yellow pages rep called today and well BOSS, I am taking your advice. I looked at my data again and SBC YP's as a source of finding us was quite low. I owe them a lot of money so decided to skip advertising with them in 2005. Now we never do a big ad, but we do a 2" in column listing at the beginning of the florist heading.

I had a long talk with the rep about the order gatherers they let in and not how they are not local florists. He told me quite honestly they encourage it and that florists should get together and do something about it as they just cannot check it all out. That is saying two different things. First he said they could never check all that out and then he agrees and says florists should do something about it. Go figure. I told him to just give me my free listing under my city and call me next year.

I told him to check out floristdetective.com

Reactions: 1 person
Good for you Patty!

As to getting together...that IS happening....

And once the YP's are left with basically only the OG's who get very low rates they will see that they have made a huge mistake, especially as florists find that the small listing works just as well as the bigger ads do, (unless you go full page, very costly).

They will come around, but like the BIG2, most likely not fast enuf to keep the Real Florists in their ranks...as we are the inovative and adaptable ones, and they do not seem to be....

another scammer

Another website I discovered had us among others listed as the best in America and the area. They cut and pasted my bio info off my website and listed it there with a link that said "Order flowers" and when you clicked, it went right to Flowerdelivery.com.

www.genxrevealed.com

discovered it when I googled our name as well.
I emailed them and asked them to remove it immediately and called a few other local shops that were listed as well to inform them of the situation. I even called a few shops in NY, LA etc... to let them know.
Who knows if it did any good. I don't have time for this...but this deception was so bad I couldn't walk away. They did remove us and change the "order flowers" to something like "order flowers from Flower Delivery." But I checked today (first time in months) and under LA florists it has a link after each listing "order our 12 rose bqt for" blah blah blah. This is SOOOOOO wrong!. :boggles:

steve said:
I typed my business name into yahoo and google this am and I found 10 ordergathers with there sites linked to my name is there a way to stop this

chappells florist is our name and this is the list of the frauds

flowersacrossamerica.com
your-flower-shop.com
affordableflowerdelivery.com
qksrv.net
flowerrewards.com
artsianflorist.com
urbanflorist.com
pwflowers.com
justflowers.com
sweetgiftsandflowers.com
:hammer:

http://www.flowerdelivery.com/ is just another version of justflowers.com, flower.com, and virtualflowers.com . The sites feature both FTD and TF products as well as some generic images. I understand they are also the biggest sender for Floral Source (FSI).

Their affiliates seem to use every black hat SEO technique in the book. Thanks for alerting us to this latest scheme.

What incredible b@lls these guys have. :mad: And who is there to help us stop them?????

BOSS said:
New information has been added to the Florist Detective site...that is important to all Real Florists
Boss,
It is amazing that the tactics of gathering orders continues to evolve. Using other shops information to propell their rankings is clearly wrong. Teleflora should know better. Afterall they did the work did they not?

I can see with this that we are coming to new levels in the new year. Just goes like this. Huge cash bonuses are being paid to anyone that can produce results, in any way.

flowerdeliveryexpress

Not only do they have all Teleflora florists listed, but I see they have EVERY floriat and NON-florist alike listed. Even cross listings, where they have ASB florists listed in those cities as well.

I sent a note to one of the TF VP's but since I am not a member, I doubt it'll do any good....

And they have this domain proxied...unable to find out who owns it...

Page Updated

Updates have been made to this page on the Florist Detective site to include one of Michigans own, Wesley Berry.

They have very deceptive listings on many of their sites that include Real Florists without their knowledge.

realflorists.com

Reading the brochure for the CT. Florist Assoc. Northeast Trade Expo and they have a link listed to www.realflorists.com which darn it all.. is only for Connecticut florists.. but was very pleased to see that there.

Rhonda at work said:
Reading the brochure for the CT. Florist Assoc. Northeast Trade Expo and they have a link listed to www.realflorists.com which darn it all.. is only for Connecticut florists.. but was very pleased to see that there.

I have contacted them on several occassions, but they have yet to return any type of communication...

ROBSWF said:
I can see with this that we are coming to new levels in the new year. Just goes like this. Huge cash bonuses are being paid to anyone that can produce results, in any way.

Yep, it is becomming a war...and when you consider this following statement, from someone besides me, that has shal we say "access" it pretty much sums it up.

**Make me sooo angry on what is going on.. I was told FTD is promoting some of these site to help them get $$$ from bankers to help the stock sale , the more stock that is sold the more $$$ mike get as Remember he bought 450,000 shares at $1.00, so they want to use these sites to show banker sales are up. we need to let the banker know that FTD - tele have no leg to stand ob if 1/2 their members stop taking orders
Any way Good luck for the holiday.**

Wag the dog....

New Page Added

A new page has been added to Florist Detective regarding ProFlowers, happy reading boys and girls.

Also, added to the Give us a Break page is some information regarding Giflowers.com and affilliate of Pwflowers.com and their "Free" delivery deal they are offering our Troops.

Bad enough to have the Iraqies targeting them, but to have an OG targeting them too with false offers is, IMHO, UNacceptable!

Pages updated

for your reading pleasure, the following pages have been updated on
Florist Detective Quality Assurance, Free Delivery & ProFlowers

Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.