A step toward taking it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is an amazing

litany of information......we need to continue to get this information out to our customers!! EVERY TIME you send out an order, include a little info circular with the web address on it!!...DON'T explain anything else!!

BOSS said:
Updates have been made to this page on the Florist Detective site to include one of Michigans own, Wesley Berry.

They have very deceptive listings on many of their sites that include Real Florists without their knowledge.

You have one too many http's in the faux directory link on Feb 26th update. Causes the link to go straight to microsoft.com

K A Hall said:
You have one too many http's in the faux directory link on Feb 26th update. Causes the link to go straight to microsoft.com

Thanks Kirk....

Will try to catch you again tomorrow....left you a VM the other day...

Sadly, another ProFlowers update

can be found here on Florist Detective.

It amazes me that they can get away with "Clipping" orders in this fashion and the wire service assisting them does nothing about it. It is plainly obvious what they sell the items for on their site, and then when they break it down, like in the Dove message included on the page above they actually show the difference.

Cheapflowers.com

Here you go boys and girls...

Florist Detective has added Cheapflowers.com here

Bloom time / Flower Allie?

Here is a little more info on www.bloomtime.com. Assuming someone hasn't already done the whois thing: Whois Output for: bloomtime.com

Domain Name Owner:
FlowerAlllie
444 North State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831
US

Administrative Contact:
FlowerAlllie
Eynon, Ken [KE-23]
444 North State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831, US
Phone: 714-738-0100
Email: [email protected]

Technical Contact:
Omnis Network
Network, Omnis [ON-1]
3655 Torrance Blvd Suite 230
Torrance, CA 90503, US
Phone: (310)316-2744
Fax: (310)316-4991
Email: [email protected]

Gave em a call to talk about ordering flowers in Richmond va. was told that they were members of both TF and FTD. I ask where their local shop was and was told that "actually that shop had been closed and that they were sending through their network of over 22000 shops". They said that the only additional charge to the posted website price was CAlifornia sales tax. LOL they even answered the phone "Flower Allie " :tread: :tread:

"Gave em a call to talk about ordering flowers in Richmond va. was told that they were members of both TF and FTD. I ask where their local shop was and was told that "actually that shop had been closed and that they were sending through their network of over 22000 shops". They said that the only additional charge to the posted website price was CAlifornia sales tax. LOL they even answered the phone "Flower Allie "

In other words, they are no longer brick and mortar yet both wire services have kept them as a shop?
Have checked the latest FTD CD- They are listed as a viable FTD shop, code # 05-2589AA with coded minimums for Easter containers and Secretary's Week containers. 800-753-7421 apparently they are brick & mortar or if you send an order to them it gets bounced by the system to hide their real operation?

In other words, they are no longer brick and mortar yet both wire services have kept them as a shop?
I think that statement means they implied they once had a store in Richmond - which is a fib.

Flower Allie is a B&M - I pass them on my way to work every day. Our shops are on the same street about 4 miles apart.

Florist Detective Updates

The front page of Florist Detective has been updated... notice the new headline regarding Teleflora and JustFlowers...

Also, updates about Just Flowers on this page and an update about Florist-directory.net on this page

Laura J

Has anyone else noticed that the testimonials used by many sites are all signed by Laura J ??? This site http://secure.fm761.com/default.asp?productclass=Grower Fresh&id=45858
(which I believe is Express Roses, Leamington, Ont) has a testimonial by her; click on any province and Laura J lives everywhere!!! I didn't bother to look at the other testimonials but I've seen this "Laura J" one on many sites over the past couple of years! How lazy can these people be, don't even change the name on an obviously fake testimonial!!!
Do you think the consumer notices?

Status
Not open for further replies.